Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the longest coilover I can fit with the stock coilbucket and prg uca's? From my searching around here the titan swap saws from Greg are around 19.5", is that the longest you can fit? :scratch:
Thanks!

·
on line
14,613 Posts
Have ya given any thought to how much weight you want to spring?

600?
650?
700?
750? SAWS only come with a 600 3" diameter /13" length Eibach (specially made for SAW) and with all the weight of my rig I really wish I had 700's.
but no one makes a coil in a 3" diameter at those additional spring weights. and the required 13in length.

I had RADFLO's with Eibach's at 750 lbs. before my Titan Swap and they were great for the weight of my rig.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have ya given any thought to how much weight you want to spring?

600?
650?
700?
750? SAWS only come with a 600 3" diameter /13" length Eibach (specially made for SAW) and with all the weight of my rig I really wish I had 700's.
but no one makes a coil in a 3" diameter at those additional spring weights. and the required 13in length.

I had RADFLO's with Eibach's at 750 lbs. before my Titan Swap and they were great for the weight of my rig.
I don't know yet, I'm 2wd and I am planning on doing a bumper very similar to 5l33p3r's. So I dont think I need anything too heavy. Are saws total length really 19.5"?

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I don't know yet, I'm 2wd and I am planning on doing a bumper very similar to 5l33p3r's. So I dont think I need anything too heavy. Are saws total length really 19.5"?
Total extended length? Yeah, maybe. They're quite a bit longer than stock. My PRG UCA's very lightly touch the coil bucket when I jack up the X, so its pretty much maxed out. And I have full set of skids, sliders, bumpers, winches, and 500# springs. I love it. It's like driving a boat and you have to pay attention on the highway when its windy.... But, I wouldn't change a thing for offroad performance.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to make it clear, I don't want saw's. Im just trying to figure out whats the longest (extended length) coilver that will fit with a titan swap (prg ucas).
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Total extended length? Yeah, maybe. They're quite a bit longer than stock. My PRG UCA's very lightly touch the coil bucket when I jack up the X, so its pretty much maxed out. And I have full set of skids, sliders, bumpers, winches, and 500# springs. I love it. It's like driving a boat and you have to pay attention on the highway when its windy.... But, I wouldn't change a thing for offroad performance.
Thanks, I was thinking about 500s.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Just to make it clear, I don't want saw's. Im just trying to figure out whats the longest (extended length) coilver that will fit with a titan swap (prg ucas).
Posted via Mobile Device
You either buy saws or order any shock you want the proper length. You can just get the measurement from saw and copy them because they are an exact fit for a titan swap with prg uppers

In some cases you will need a custom top mount to match the coil bucket

Sways are the only coil I know that is ready to bolt on and is an exact fit for a tswap with prg uppers

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
698 Posts
SAW's are 18.5" give or take a little. There is no other shock that matches the specs of the SAW's. None. I've looked. I believe you can get Rad's built to work, but there is nothing off the shelf that has the right combination of travel and length that will physically fit into the space needed. The SAW's are a 6.5" travel shock with the 13" spring so that you don't have to run any pre-load on the spring. KING makes a 6" travel 2.5 shock that is close, but is longer than the SAW 6.5". This means a shorter spring and you're going to run out of travel in the shock before you run out of travel in the suspension. FOX only makes a 2.0 that might fit with 6.5" of travel but is at least an inch longer than the SAW which makes packaging difficult. That, and find me a 13" coil over spring anywhere in a 2.5" or 3". KING makes them in 3.75" but that ain't gonna work.

Basically, if you Titan Swap and want to bolt something in, call Greg and either get SAW's or Radflo's. KING's can be made to work, but I couldn't get details out of Greg the last I talked to him.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the info guys! And I do "want" saws, but they are out of my price range. I'm probably gonna try FOA coilovers. Their customer service is great according to what I have read. People run them on their king of the hammers rigs with great success, so I think they will be good for me. Do you think I could order a top plate from greg?

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have used FOA's

Mountain Goat,
I've used F-O-A shocks and their customer service really is quite good. I used 2.0 coilovers w/ resovoirs on a dune buggy my brother and I built a few years ago. They worked quite well. As for the springs, we just went with QA1's. No complaints really. They are pretty easy to revalve. Bear in mind that they will not be a drop in replacement, as they are designed using heims and high-misalignment spacers top and bottom for 1.25" or 1.5" wide tabbed shock mounts. A phone call to FOA will help you select the right compression and rebound rates for your intended purposes.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mountain Goat,
I've used F-O-A shocks and their customer service really is quite good. I used 2.0 coilovers w/ resovoirs on a dune buggy my brother and I built a few years ago. They worked quite well. As for the springs, we just went with QA1's. No complaints really. They are pretty easy to revalve. Bear in mind that they will not be a drop in replacement, as they are designed using heims and high-misalignment spacers top and bottom for 1.25" or 1.5" wide tabbed shock mounts. A phone call to FOA will help you select the right compression and rebound rates for your intended purposes.
Thanks! I was planning on calling them sometime soon.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts