Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

121 - 136 of 136 Posts

·
Senior Member / (Q4WC) Club Moderator
417 Posts
Tires were at 12psi 4L and both lockers on. I had just pulled a Land Cruiser out and landed in the soft stuff myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Senior Member / (Q4WC) Club Moderator
417 Posts
WOW! That is definitely surprising.

I do know where Nisstec has those CV axles made, and they are very reputable shop. (I actually ordered my boots from them when I rebuilt mine). I'm assuming you still have your stock CV's and can replace just that end? Is there any damage to the axle shaft itself?

Link: CVJ Axles - CV Axles & Steering Racks for all your needs
Turns out that these are custom CV's so no the factory units do not fit. Spline count is higher and diameter of the shaft is thicker. I'm starting to loose my inner peace with this lot...….:angry5::cussing:

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
That seems very tall. Got a pic from the side and/or a pic of the CV angles?
I can get one. It is taller than expected. But, I haven't put the skids or sliders on yet.

Front was 34 from ground to fender when stock w 265s. Now 39.25

I assume it will settle and once the armor and winch are on it will drop at least an inch.

Coilovers or set to RF spec. Which has about 1.25 inch of bare metal showing between lower mount and lock ring

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
TNX Veteran
4,030 Posts
Front was 34 from ground to fender when stock w 265s. Now 39.25
Wait... it is 39.25 with 265s? So 5.25" of lift? Did you take this measurement after driving around the block or immediately after the coilovers were put in?

My 650lb Radflo 2.5's didn't really settle. Maybe 1/4" at the most.

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
Wait... it is 39.25 with 265s? So 5.25" of lift? Did you take this measurement after driving around the block or immediately after the coilovers were put in?

My 650lb Radflo 2.5's didn't really settle. Maybe 1/4" at the most.
I took one before driving, and another one after driving to and from Firestone for an alignment. The measurement didn't change. Yes, its 39.25 on 265s.

I imagine the weight of the armor (full Steel skid set) and sliders would have to drop it some.

The springs are 600lbs which is way overkill for stock X with no armor. That may have something to do with it too. Rides great through. Just a little rigid. Definitely no need for sway bars.

·
TNX Veteran
4,030 Posts
Haha I had 650lbs with no skids/bumper for a while as well. When I added all that stuff it still barely sagged. But that is 650lb vs 600lb, so maybe you will have a different experience.

Are you expecting the armor/winch soon? You may need to get alignment again if the front drops bit which is why I ask...

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
Haha I had 650lbs with no skids/bumper for a while as well. When I added all that stuff it still barely sagged. But that is 650lb vs 600lb, so maybe you will have a different experience.

Are you expecting the armor/winch soon? You may need to get alignment again if the front drops bit which is why I ask...
I got the lifetime alignment thingy from Firestone. So, I plan on several alignments when I get bigger tires, armor, and such. The skids and sliders have been laying my garage for awhile. Just need the time. Tswap took up all my free time for 3 weeks. Good thing its not my DD.

·
Registered
206 Posts
121 - 136 of 136 Posts