Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks I'm trying to budget my Titan swap. How much lift can I get out of oem ucas? Will they support my current setup I have in my sig?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
The longer UCAs are half the point of a Titan Swap (the other half being the LCAs). Longer arms = more travel (which allows for more lift).

Unless you want some Crazy Camber.

Or unless you're talking about OEM Titan UCAs. In which case, they can allow for up to 4" of lift IIRC.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya of course I know this. I'm going oem all around until I can afford some better aftermarket ucas. I figured it was assumed people knew what was needed for a Titan swap but then again, I forgot about the "stuck up, I am whole foods shopper" sentiment that lingers around here. Lol I digress, thanks.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
So it sounds like a oem Titan front suspensions components can handle about 4"?

- that's what she said
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
What is all need to get the tie ride situation in check? I already bought PRG front brake lines, and tie rod extensions combo for $150. Are those all that are required for a TS or do I also need outer tie rods?

So far I have bought:

Ebay total chaos clones UCAs
OEM LCAs
Titan CV shafts
PRG extended front brake lines and tie ride extensions (see question above ^)

but lacking the main ingredient....the m205 :violent1:

I plan on running my current TMJ extended coilovers with the 1/2" spacer. Will the geometry of the titan components yield more lift using the same coilcover and spacer I was using before?

The TMJs and 1/2" basically put my front suspension at full drop all the time. Road bumps were killer...lol....which is why I decided to do the TS.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
In my experience the the same shock setup in a titan swap configuration actually yielded less lift because the lower shock mount is actually farther away from the engine. you dont need out tie rods. thats what the extensions are for. so yes all you need now is an m205 and then i would make sure your shock setup will work. i had the adjustable bills with spacers on top set to the highest amount of lift setting. not near enough of lift that i wanted. no i have saws and couldnt be happier.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Curious to see how those TC Clones work out for you. A guy from CF said the uniballs are garbage and ordered PRG uniballs after he trashed the ones that came with them.

I'm also doing a budgeted titan swap. Without the m205. I have my extended axles and just ordered extended Radflos 2.0s with a 1" spacer as well. I'd like to run 4" of lift but idk if I will be able too. I'm going stock arms until I decide I "need" Aftermarket arms... Until then stock should suffice.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Curious to see how those TC Clones work out for you. A guy from CF said the uniballs are garbage and ordered PRG uniballs after he trashed the ones that came with them.

I'm also doing a budgeted titan swap. Without the m205. I have my extended axles and just ordered extended Radflos 2.0s with a 1" spacer as well. I'd like to run 4" of lift but idk if I will be able too. I'm going stock arms until I decide I "need" Aftermarket arms... Until then stock should suffice.

Ya man, I read the whole thread and it made me back out on the purchase. I bought all OEM upper and lower control arms for $270 shipped off ebay.

complete control arm kit- $270
Hopefully a deal on a m205 shipped for- $500
brake lines and tie rods extensions- $150
rear wheel spacers -$65 shipped

Down the road when I have more funds I would will like to get some SAWs or radflo 2.5s with either PRG UCAs or total chaos but this will make me sleep better at night knowing I am t-swapped.

The TMJs I have now are so damn firm. I opted for HD springs, I have no idea there actual hardness but it doesnt seem like the flex at all...haha my control arms seem to be at total drop 24/7 even when going over big rocks. They dont seem to flex at all. It was a mistake buying those.

At least with the extra travel of the titan stuff I shouldnt be at total drop so when I go over a road bump the control arms should have some articulation left in the ball joints instead of seeming like im riding directly on the frame.

At least thats what Im shooting for. I dont know what spring rate is godo for my setup. I dont want a after market bumper but will get all the under body armor and sliders.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Are you 2WD?

Titan Swapping my 4WD is already becoming pricey haha.

No I am 4x4 but already have the crummy TMJs I plan on reusing.

I forgot to say I also bought the CV axles on ebay for $110 shipped. http://www.ebay.com/itm/400641441475?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Cardone industries constant velocity CV shafts.

I have a ton of stuff I am selling to off set the cost of this t swap. Basically all the stuff I bought last year to lift my truck and two r180s. If I sell everyting for my asking price...This titan swap will cost me less then $400 outta pocket.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts