Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where are yall getting your shafts from? Nissan wants $500 each and rockauto.com wants $60 each, kinda big jump. A little scared to get the $60 ones or is that what everyone's running?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
22,508 Posts
Where are yall getting your shafts from? Nissan wants $500 each and rockauto.com wants $60 each, kinda big jump. A little scared to get the $60 ones or is that what everyone's running?
Posted via Mobile Device
Depends, we need to know which "titan swap" you are trying to do. Please tell us which you are doing:

1. Are you looking to go with an m205 and Titan length UCAs and LCAS and needing stock Titan shafts?

or

2. Are looking to go with an m205 and stock Xterra length UCAs and LCAs and needing V8 Pathfinder shafts?

or

3. Are you looking to go with the stock R180 and Titan length UCAs and LCAs and needing extended R180 shafts?

·
Registered
2008 Xterra Off Road
1,708 Posts
I have the same setup your planning and I run the Rock Autos. I have split the outer CV on two of em but I think thats because I was stationed in Fairbanks AK and the X sat outside in -40 weather and was wheeled in as low as -20.

Both were replaced by Rock Auto under warranty with no questions asked.

Since I bought the first set they have added a set with "heavy duty" cv boots and thats what I got. Havnt torn em yet but theyve only been on about 6 months. Either way, at $45 a pop, itll take quite a few breaks to equal the cost of one Nissan shaft.

Rock auto all the way

·
on line
2,233 Posts
Early and late 205s have different half shaft bolt patterns.
Get the right ones.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Half shafts

A little confused, I have a stock "Offroad" Xterra and want to replace the stock half shafts with something more durable. Are heavy duty replacement available? Don't want to go through the work and $"s to do a Titan swap.

·
Registered
901 Posts
^^ This.

Plus, have you actually broken them? What makes you feel like you need something more durable? You generally don't have to worry unless you lock the diff.

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
A little confused, I have a stock "Offroad" Xterra and want to replace the stock half shafts with something more durable. Are heavy duty replacement available? Don't want to go through the work and $"s to do a Titan swap.
in most cases, the diff will go before the shafts do. Not always, but most of the time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts