Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get some info on what is needed to run Titan rotors on the X. Getting ready to tow the snowmobiles and stock rotors are going south after 23k.
thankx NDS

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Wow, at 40K my Rotors were fine, my pads died at about 20K.

I am not 100% sure, but I would assume there would be way too much that needed changed to run Titan rotors. You would probably be better off with some Stillen rotors.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
yeah, you'd probably be better off just getting some upgraded X rotors.
You will need the Titan spindle which could be found cheap on the Titan boards from someone doing a spindle lift... about $100,
then you need Titan hubs... not the easiest to come by used but will be about $200... if you go with new ones expect to drop about $600+ with the ABS sensors,
then whatever the cost of the rotors; i got my Titan powerslots for ~$180.
NOW, you've done all that but now you're stuck with a different bolt pattern up front so you need new front wheels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
on line
3,272 Posts
^^^^^^

"yeah, you'd probably be better off just getting some upgraded X rotors."

good under statement.

·
on line
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! Yeah I figured it would be a project, I'm planning on the Stillen rotors and pads along with SS lines, should be more than adequate.
Think Snow Jason!

·
on line
76 Posts
frosty said:
Thanks guys! Yeah I figured it would be a project, I'm planning on the Stillen rotors and pads along with SS lines, should be more than adequate.
Not to make your decision harder, but have you considered the V8 Pathfinder brakes? They have a 1" larger rotor and from what I can tell the caliper bolts up to the stock location. You won't have to replace spindles or hubs like with a Titan swap.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
If they are 1" larger the caliper bracket would have to change since there is no way it would currently clear a 1" larger rotor.

·
on line
2,248 Posts
motor city x said:
frosty said:
Not to make your decision harder, but have you considered the V8 Pathfinder brakes? They have a 1" larger rotor and from what I can tell the caliper bolts up to the stock location. You won't have to replace spindles or hubs like with a Titan swap.
Hmm... that's interesting. It looks like you can't get a V8 pathy without an 18 inch wheel. I don't know how big that rotor/caliper combo would be, but would likely mean a wheel upgrade for most people. Good info, though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts