Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
on line
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the best way to push the plastic fender cover back to keep tires from rubbibng it. I just put on 33's and the rub like crazy through turns.

·
on line
266 Posts
heat gun

i think there are some posts here or on the XOC site about it.

search around

·
on line
807 Posts
i have yet to do it myself, But i have heard of people having success with a heat gun or hair dryer to heat the plastic up then push it back further.

·
on line
186 Posts
I agree with both the ones above. Thats what I did. Just be careful using the heat gun, you can melt the plastic completely. It is much easier to take your wheels off to do it.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I just let it rub. :)

I tried the heat gun and even with letting it cool while holding it back, it eventually pops back, so I gave up.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Note where it rubs, have a hammer ready and a source of heat, a Heat gun works best but can certainly be done with a Torch, just be careful to heat not melt, Anyways, you heat until if gets soft and take the hammer and push it back with the hammer. (The end of hammer, hold it by handle) Keep holding it until it cools, this will make it stay where you put it. Heat some more and do all of the area, let it cool each time.

When you are done. You may want to drill a hole and put a screw in it. If you do, put silicone on the screw and into the hole before you insert it.

That should take care of it. By the way the alignment will be off since you got new tires.
MC

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Xterror said:
Thanks for the info guys. One more stupid question, what is the XOC site?
You are better off not knowing.

·
on line
1,831 Posts
^^^ Lol.

You know I'm signed up on XOC too and I can't stand how you aren't given a "View Posts Since Last Visit" button. That thing is golden.

Anyway... you can fit 33"s on a non-lifted X?
________
SHOWER VIDEOS

·
on line
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've got the 3" Calmini lift and 295/75/r16's which are about 33.5". I got the fender liner pushed back a little but they still rub somtimes.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Xterror said:
I've got the 3" Calmini lift and 295/75/r16's which are about 33.5". I got the fender liner pushed back a little but they still rub somtimes.
33.5" is a big tire and you are going to have trouble with rubs without a BL. The Calmini lift is at max 2.5" if not less. And that 2.5" is in the front only. The rear is less as the kit is more of a leveling kit.

Where is it rubbing? The fender, the frame, etc...?

Do you have a shrock front bumper?

·
on line
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I put on the 2WD lift which is a half inch taller than the 4WD lift. It's rubbing the plastic inner fender. I want to get a BL too. Who makes the best one?

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Do you have a 2WD or 4WD.

Only AC makes a 3" BL.

·
on line
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
4WD, which has caused a problem with my UCA's hitting my coil buckets.
I'll check on that BL. Thanks. I'm begining to think I should have went with a different lift.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Ah, now I see why you are having problems. Not to point out the obvious but the there is a reason why a 2WD lift is no meant for 4WD.

·
on line
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah, but I had to be greedy and get that little bit extra. Calmini told me it would work and to fix the problem I'd need to cut the lip off the UCA. I'm kind of scared to do this because I'm afraid of weakening the arm. I think I should have went with the coil lift instead of the spacers.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts