Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Tires on 17's?

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Rastaman 
#1 ·
I have an SE so i got the 17" rims and I'm looking to get new tires soon. Do you guys know the biggest tire i can fit on my X. I have PRG spacers and shackles. I think there was a post related to this somewhere but there wasn't really a solid answer. Thanks.

#2 ·
Wiznat10 said:
I have an SE so i got the 17" rims and I'm looking to get new tires soon. Do you guys know the biggest tire i can fit on my X. I have PRG spacers and shackles. I think there was a post related to this somewhere but there wasn't really a solid answer. Thanks.
I'm assuming that you want to know how big you can go without serious cutting or trimming? I would just stick w/ a 33 (metric equivalent would be 285/70R17). Check out the new BF Goodrich KM2 Mud Terrains. They've only released a few sizes so far, but 285/70R17 is one of them.

Next size up would be a 34" (metric equivalent 305/70R17). There aren't many tires available in this size. The only ones I've seen are the Goodyear MTR and the Maxxis Bighorn. There's definetly going to be some rubbing if you run these on stock wheels, but I'm not sure how much. Check w/ a guy named Boondox on here. I think he was running 34's on stock wheels until he started his SAS, but if memory serves he also had a body lift at the time. I would say, almost without a doubt, that there would be some cutting involved for these.

#4 ·
a few companies also make a 295 70 17 which is around 33.5x12

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.