Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
on line
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen alot of people on this site changing the tires on the x right after buyin it....are you trading the tires in or jsut dropping the cash for em....I hate the stockers but I am not going to buy new ones till these go bad

·
on line
3,272 Posts
I dont know about everyone else but I used Craigslist to sell my stockers right after I bought my BFG's. They sold pretty fast there.

·
on line
1,208 Posts
I took my stockers to the local tire place that would buy them and got cash for them.

·
on line
628 Posts
I kept my stockers on for the first 10k, and the tire shop gave me some trade-in value for them. I don't quite remembe exact, but I believe it was $275, which surprised me, I honetly thought I was going to leave that shop with Stockers in the back of the X until I could find someone to give them to, because I live in a small Apt. and no where else to keep them.

·
on line
509 Posts
for mine they gave me 35$ per tire for mine which really wasnt much but it dropped like 1xx$ (cant count, to high) and it worked for me.

·
on line
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tire shops buy them back? is that just lil local store or a national store chain that does that.

·
on line
1,206 Posts
I always take my tires to a local tire shop and have them buy em back... or they usually let me do a partial trade for my new rubber.

·
on line
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went by a local shop , they said they dont buy them back...but thats only one shop...I put them on craigs list for now....I am going to stop by a few more shops and see what they can do...looking to get baout $100/tire when you guys did it what kinda prices did they give you

·
on line
1,695 Posts
marzterra said:
I went by a local shop , they said they dont buy them back...but thats only one shop...I put them on craigs list for now....I am going to stop by a few more shops and see what they can do...looking to get baout $100/tire when you guys did it what kinda prices did they give you
Craigslist will be your best bet for getting a decent price out of them. $100/tire sounds pretty ambitious, though; I'd say count yourself lucky if a tire shop gives you half that.

·
on line
351 Posts
Purchasing new tires were my first mod. Within a week of buying my X, I went to Firestone and put on a set of Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos. They gave me a nice trade in on the stockers, but I can't remember exactly how much! Let's just say it made the choice to get the Duelers much easier!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts