Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
on line
1,739 Posts
Nice! This should be a good reference for people wondering about tire sizes, will it fit, milage difference etc..

Noticed that the second image might be off by 10mm? (265 instead of 275)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dear All,
I am very new to Xterra and to the forum.I just bought one 2009 S xterra and found that tyres rub from inside on lower arm when i steer full on either left or right.Tyre size is 275/70/16 on stock rims.Mechanic asked me to replace the tyres but those are new ones....Help please...

·
Premium Member
9,953 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,953 Posts
Can you hear it rubbing at full lock?

I wonder if the previous owner had different wheels on and swapped them back out for the stock wheels before they sold it. I can't see what is causing the issue in these pics.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
89 Posts
So my question is: If I go from a 265/70 to a 285/75, would I need to replace my differential gears? The size difference doesn't seem drastic enough to warrant a ratio change, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Depends on what you want to do. Some run 315/75 with stock gears. It's iffy if you want to do rock crawling or other tough off roading I'd advise against it.

Anything over 33" though is going to require fender modification.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Depends on what you want to do. Some run 315/75 with stock gears. It's iffy if you want to do rock crawling or other tough off roading I'd advise against it.

Anything over 33" though is going to require fender modification.
I'm going to be doing a lot of off roading and rock crawling with it. I'll stick with the 285 for now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts