Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently one of my tire sensors seems to have gone bad. is there any other reason thats could have gone wrong aside from it actually breaking. if it is indeed broke does anyone know how much it would be to have it fixed.:confused: thanks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
06 x. is it a pain to check the batteries? a DIY?

·
on line
22,508 Posts
Have you actually checked your tire pressures? Do that first (obviously). If they are all good, its a bad sensor or bad sensor battery. Either way the tires gotta get dismounted and the sensor replaced or rebuilt, so its going to a tire shop. Call a couple and get an estimate.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah i checked them all and they are all good. Plus ilooked in my manual and it said if the low tire light flashes then somethings up. Though its a crap shoot. Dont know which tire. Thanks though. Ill just have to bite the bullet on this one.

·
on line
22,508 Posts
Yeah i checked them all and they are all good. Plus ilooked in my manual and it said if the low tire light flashes then somethings up. Though its a crap shoot. Dont know which tire. Thanks though. Ill just have to bite the bullet on this one.
Flashing could be a number of problems, not necessarily limited to a sensor. It should have a code stored to help with diagnosis.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As far as the flashing im just saying what the manual said. Hopefully i can tqke it in soon to get checked.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
if im just going to continue off-roading, think I should just get rid of or just let it go because they are only going to act up again :dontknow:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hey man thanks for the advice. im going to try that reset trick.:notworthy:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts