Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
on line
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you guys rotate your tires with a single jack? Do you use the spare as a temp, so you have to end up taking each tire off multiple times?? For instance take off front driver side and replace with spare, take off rear drive side and replace with front driver side, then take off spare and replace with rear driver side????

·
on line
112 Posts
get a set of 2-ton jackstands from wal-mart for $25 and it will make tire rotation 10x easier. put the front on the jackstands then jack up the rear diff and your tire rotation should be about 30min faster.

·
on line
3,050 Posts
I have a great dealer so he does it for me for little or no money....cant be bothered with doing it at home myself plus time for me is a huge issue...I dont have any.

·
on line
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
sorry to bring this up again, but I never got around to it. If I use jackstands, do I need to jack up the entire front and have it sit on 2 jack stands and then lift up the back via the differential and then but that on 2 jack stands for a total of 4 stands? Or can I jack up say the front passenger side and lower it onto a jackstand, and then jack up the rear passenger and swap tires, then lower the truck and then do the same thing on the other side??? Thanks.

EDIT: What I should have asked is it possible/safe to do it with 2 jack stands and 1 jack? Vs 4 Jackstands. I know how to do it, but I never rotated before because I use to rotate once per year with snow tires on my car so never had to do an actual rotation witho nly 4 tires :).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts