Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
on line
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering what PSI I should have my new BFG LT265/75R16's set at? THe shop put 35 PSI in them, but I see on the tire it says 65 PSI max.

·
on line
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info, I don't have a whole lot of experience in tires. This is the first time I have ever bought a new set. All my other vehicles I would usally trade in right about the time or way before I even needed new one's. I just got tired after 4 months of owning the X and looking at the scrawny Long trails on it.

·
on line
1,208 Posts
PSI is set to your vehicles weight. The tires numbers say what they can handle as a max, if you go above the vehicles set rate, then you will start to bald the center tred of your tires, if you go below your vehicles set rate, then you will bald your tires tred on the edges of the tire. Most Xterras will be around 35-40 PSI, unless you really add to your vehicles curb weight by doing mods. If you have questions most of the service guys at tire places will be happy to explain it to you, thats how I learned :) :clown: Oh, and you can find your recommended setting on the panel inside your driver side door jamb. hope this clears it up fort you a bit. :cheers:

·
on line
641 Posts
07XXXterra said:
I am wondering what PSI I should have my new BFG LT265/75R16's set at? THe shop put 35 PSI in them, but I see on the tire it says 65 PSI max.
This same question has been asked, and answered, before on here.
Do a search for "chalk test" and read through the threads the search brings up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts