Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
on line
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is my tire pressure sensor keep flashing then lights on..

I got a change of new tires the
BF GoodRich All Terrain
and for some reason my tire pressure light came on flashing now is just on..

Why is this..is there any way to figure o ut what the problem is.,..

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Did you check the tire pressure? Could be the tech didn't fill the tires up to 35 PSI.

·
on line
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no the guy set them at 75 PSI..
so i put it back to 60.
since the recommend is 65 PSI.says it on the tire.

is there any way i can reset this light
because i know if i go to the dealership they gonner charge an arm and a leg...

Does anybody know how to reset it..?

·
on line
237 Posts
Jang Pilmo said:
so i put it back to 60.
since the recommend is 65 PSI.
???? 60 psi seems a little high....perhaps that's what the light it trying to tell you. I don't see why you would need the tires inflated much beyond 35 psi. I would inflate/deflate them to 35psi (check with a decent tire gauge) and drive around for a bit...it always takes a bit for my light to go off.

·
on line
210 Posts
BFG AT @ 65psi - They are probably hard like rock!!!

The 65psi on the tire is the MAXIMUM pressure. Mine are set @ 35psi and the tire print is even.

Remember that an overinflated tire will wear in the middle, an underinflated will wear on the outside.

Draw a chalk line across the tire sole. Drive straight for an hundred feet. Look at what's left of the chalk line on the tire.
  • - Evenly fade? Tire pressure in Ok.
    - No chalk left on the outside and some left in the center? Tire is underinflated
    - No chalk left in the center and some left on the outside? Tire is oveinflated

Hope this wil help - Regards

·
on line
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
is there any way i can manually reset the light..

becuz it is still flashing and flashing

and i put it down to 35

·
on line
1,884 Posts
Normally the light is steady when preassure is low. Maybe when your new tires were installed the techs screwed up the tpu...hence the flashing light

·
on line
108 Posts
The Flashing light happend with mine when I had my BFGs put on. They didnt have the sensor set or seated right or somthing like that. But I had to take it back and they had to dismount the tire to fix it. ultimatly the tire was also leaking air. I would Take it back to the place you had the tires put on.

·
on line
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
icc

is there any way i can restart it manuallyy

·
on line
1,884 Posts
Jang Pilmo said:
icc

is there any way i can restart it manuallyy
NO. Go have the place that screwed 'em up fix it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
So, this is 10 years old, but I have the same issue, read in the manual that if the light is flashing, it means the TPMS is damaged / may not have been replaced correctly.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
So, this is 10 years old, but I have the same issue, read in the manual that if the light is flashing, it means the TPMS is damaged / may not have been replaced correctly.
Correct. You can reset it using this method: http://www.thenewx.org/forum/15-how-tos/40601-how-reset-tpms-paper-clip.html

Personally, I did that method twice (successfully) and my light still flashes for a minute at startup, then stays on solid for the duration of the drive. Need to get someone to check it out for me

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Definitely try the TPMS reset procedure linked above.

Also, the TPMS batteries are said to last between 7-10 years. If you have an 07, it could be time to replace the TPMS sensors next time you put new shoes on your X. If that's the case, these aftermarket ones have been working well for me: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CBQFE8E/

·
Super Moderator
4,455 Posts
@SgtWehunt

Most tire shops have a TPMS Reader/Activation tool that will show which TPMS sensor is bad. There shouldn't be a charge for them to check your sensors. (There isn't any charge at Discount Tire/America's Tire, Firestone or Les Schwab Tires in my area.)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Definitely try the TPMS reset procedure linked above.

Also, the TPMS batteries are said to last between 7-10 years. If you have an 07, it could be time to replace the TPMS sensors next time you put new shoes on your X. If that's the case, these aftermarket ones have been working well for me: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CBQFE8E/

Yeap.... like the ones that I put on 4 months ago!.... Guess I'm waitin' another 4 years! In the meantime... electrical tape to the rescue!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts