Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
on line
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the tpms lamp came on and flashed for a few minutes the other day while driving around 75mph. it turned off and never came back on again. anybody have any ideas what can cause this? i actually slowed down before it went off, to around 55 or so because of a road change. i can't see that affecting it though.....

·
on line
149 Posts
the last two morning have been colder than normal here (down around 40d F) and my TPMS light has been on both morning, yesterday it went off once the temperature warmed up . . . i've been told that it lights up when the air pressure in any tire reaches a certain low point OR when there is more than a 3 psi difference between any tire . . . possibly affected by weather? i also have new tires installed and that could be a culprit.

i'll check my pressures and make sure they're close today if i get a chance.

·
on line
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well the thing was, i had driven like 80 miles at that point and it was like 12 noon. those 80 miles were at 70-75mph steady. they light came on at the end of that stretch of distance/speed. It only went off after I slowed down to 55 or so on a secondary road after a couple minutes. I can't see how temp can casue this? more speed equals more pressure/heat correct? I would think it would have happened in reverse but who knows... i will have them check it out wednesday. I also read in the manul that metallic object on the dash can cause the signal to be weak. nothing was on the dash BUT maybe i passed through an area of excessive electromagnetic energy??? Not sure because i have never driven the x there in that direction...

weird...

·
on line
149 Posts
weird . . . are the actual pressures ok?

i've had the light come on for no reason and go off later, well, only once other than the last two days . . .

maybe the system is just being weird or picked up something else's signal or interference??

but if you're under warranty, i'd let the crackpots at your favorite dealership figure it out . . .

just make sure you don't get it back with a couple of new scratches, grease stains on the seat and the TPMS problem remaining . . . which would be my luck.

·
on line
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i haven't check the pressure lately, within the last month or so. i will need to just to check..... no lights on since this happened saturday though...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts