Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got two sets of wheels and tires. Both OR wheels, both with good tires on them. When I took the winters off in May, the pressure light stays on almost all the time. I put the winters back on last night and now not just the light on, but the damn loud beep too. Doesn't matter if they are anywhere between 28-38, it still goes off. I usually run them at about 32.

Do I need to have the dealer reset the sensors or something. I hope not, I hate going to the dealer. Do I have to go through this every time I change tires?

·
on line
1,361 Posts
The rule that I have read on the board is that all the tires need to be within 5 psi of each other or it will go off. So one tire at 27psi and the other at 33psi then the light will go off.

Maybe you already knew this but thats all the info I have

·
on line
15,651 Posts
If you have two sets of wheels you need to have the dealer rest the system each time you swap your wheels.

That assumes there are sensors in both sets of wheels.

·
on line
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, there are sensors on both sets of wheels and they are all dead nuts on 32 PSI right now.

To the dealer, huh? That sucks.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Yeah, the reason you got the light but no beep with your other set of wheels is because the system detected sensors but since they were not configured with your system it assumed a malfunction.

The beeps work like this (and I think only the 05 beeps at you). You will get one long beep for each tire that is out. So if you have one tire that is low, it will beep once, if you have two it will beep twice, and so on.

Why your original wheels are showing a light and beeping is beyond me. It might be that the system is still confused by the old (not original) sensors.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
muzikman said:
If you have two sets of wheels you need to have the dealer rest the system each time you swap your wheels.

That assumes there are sensors in both sets of wheels.
I would have never guessed that. Hmm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts