Which tire would you buy for your X?

• BFG AT

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put a more aggresive tire on my X probably in the next 10k miles or about 3 months. I have narrow my search to two options. First, BFG AT T/A KO the second is Pro Comp AT. Both would be 265/75 R16

I have a two wheel drive and I am moving into snow country. I will be 20 miles north of the city that gets more snow than any other city in the nation. I also run a lot of trails, unimproved roads, and fire breaks. I also drive about 40 miles everyday combined city and highway miles for work.

BFG AT T/A KO

Specs:
51lbs
3PLY
Severe Weather rated only in D load rating
Aggresive Tread Pattern
Reported long tread life

Pro Comp AT

Specs:
47.4lbs
10 PLY
Severe Weather Rating
Aggresive Tread Pattern(although it does nopt quite as cool as BFG)
50,000 mile tread life warrenty

Thoughts, Questions, Concerns?

·
on line
3,272 Posts
I have personally owned both and I have to tell you that the BFG's have always worn a lot better for me. For some reason the ProComps wear out a lot faster. Both tires were AT's as well.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Pro Comp uses really soft rubber. My Xterrain's on the Jeep have less than 1000 miles on them and they are showing signs of wear already.

·
on line
1,884 Posts
Every time I bought a tire other than the BFgs I have wished I hadn't. Not that the other brands were bad, it is just the BFGs do rock!

·
on line
3,272 Posts
Just to add to my 2 cents, or 3 cents now I guess....

I dont know what kind of terrain you have around your parts but over on my side we have a lot of soft dirt, almost sand quality. Well my procomps got me stuck a few times when it was a little wet out there but I can't say the same about the BFG's. I also had the ProComp Xterrain's and they wore out faster than the AT's.

·
on line
244 Posts
I would have to say the BFG's. I have them and have been very impressed with the perfomance of them.
:cheers:

·
on line
564 Posts

·
on line
104 Posts
If you are most concerned about snow conditions with your commute I would go with the BFG's if I had a choice between the two. The BFG's I had lasted a long time.

I would also consider the Bridgestone's Dueler A/T Revo. I have had alot of success with that tire on my last vehicle (albeit not an X). Awsome on snow, even better than the BFG's.

·
on line
95 Posts
seels said:
If you are most concerned about snow conditions with your commute I would go with the BFG's if I had a choice between the two. The BFG's I had lasted a long time.

I would also consider the Bridgestone's Dueler A/T Revo. I have had alot of success with that tire on my last vehicle (albeit not an X). Awsome on snow, even better than the BFG's.
These are not good on the snow?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts