Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone!

Just put a new DynoMax Exhaust system on my 2011 Xterra Pro-4X. Unfortunately, I'm finding that it's a bit too loud for my taste, and especially, for my wife's! I would like a simple bolt on solution that wouldn't break the bank or require any welding. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
198 Posts
You can either add a muffler or get flowmaster to replace the DynoMax. Muffler shops will charge maybe 80-100 in labor.

Flowmasters are the middle of the road muffler IMO, decnet item but not breaking the bank.

They have a chart showing how loud which series will be.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can either add a muffler or get flowmaster to replace the DynoMax. Muffler shops will charge maybe 80-100 in labor.

Flowmasters are the middle of the road muffler IMO, decnet item but not breaking the bank.

They have a chart showing how loud which series will be.

Thanks! So, a Flowmaser super 50 chambered muffler would possibly fit the bill? As long their's no welding required, I should be able to do the work. Getting the old exhaust off was better done by someone with a lift, due to the amount of time it took to get off.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Search for a fitting Walker Quiet-Flow stainless muffler.

·
on line
2,560 Posts
I find the flowmaster to still be a loud muffler. But have had good luck with Walker Quietflow on a couple of project trucks in the past. I would have no issues running one.

It's common to drive an hour or four in a day. Loud exhaust isn't fun after you get through the on ramp to the highway.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Some users including myself have installed Vibrant resonator towards the end of the tailpipe next to the spare tire. It also helps with drone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts