Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i guess not to a professional....but window tint as a DIY project is a pain. I've tinted 2 cars before and nearly popped some blood vessels in the process but I decided to give it a go for my Xterra because A) I'm broke B) I like knowing I do all of the mods on my car and C) I figured only 2 windows wouldn't be too bad.

I went on eBay and bought a pre-cut tint set for $18. I chose 20% because I live my life on the edge :bom: (legal CA front tint is 70%)

Well anyways, I got both sides on and they look great from the outside. They match the rear windows pretty well, but they look darker from the inside.

I definitely recommend that you take off the door panels if you want to do this yourself. I didn't take them off and had a hell of a time getting the tint in place which caused the tint to pick up a few tiny bubbles from dirt contamination and small creases from trying to tuck the bottom edge behind the door panel.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
I have all the right tools to do that job, but, it's something that you can screw up and spend more money on materials jacking it up than if ya just had it done by someone who does it all the time. However, I had one done by someone who does it all the time and went home and did it again myself. Now we have a guy in town who did it in Florida for like 15 years, I don't think he can be beat, He's good! MC

·
on line
339 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts