Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
on line
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to do my lift today. PRG Spacers and Deaver Mini pack in the rear. Will have the laptop in the garage for the how too's and to fire off questions.

1st one, do I need a torque wrench? If so, what size(s)?

Thanks,
Mike

·
on line
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, now, can you tell me by these pictures if I have the cam bolts?
I have an alignment scheduled for tomorrow.

·
on line
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I had no idea what to look for. Here are a couple more pics. I think they are there.

·
on line
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks I will for the next ones.
I have the space on and the bolts in the top fastened losely, having trouble lining up the bottom of the sturt with the mount, can't seem to get it to line up. the strut is hanging about 3/4" lower than the mount.
Any ideas?

·
on line
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I need to seperate the upper ball joint but I don't have a ball joint seperater. Greg (PRG) instructions say to tap it with a 4lb sledge (don't have) and it will pop out. I have tried with a hammer but I guess I am not hitting hard enough? Ideas? I need this off if I am to fit the strut back into position.
I know when I get the first side done the second will be a breeze!!

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Yes you just need to hit it alot harder. It will be difficult with a regular hammer but it can be done. Just make sure that the nut holding them on is... either sitting lower than the bolt, OR exactly even with it. If the nut is too far up the bolt you can mushroom the bottom of the bolt and you wont be able to remove the nut.

·
on line
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
mine got tickled last night, and I need to egt this done before the tickler returns for more tickling!!!
One side done!!!

·
on line
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Only 4:30 pm here and I am in the garage!!!

·
on line
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, 4 hours for the first side and then 1 hour for the second. Thanks for all your help, now on to the rear Mini Deaver pack!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts