Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a Sylvania Silverstar go out on me after about a 1.5 years. I will try not to beat the dead horse too much here...Looking for suggestions, pros and cons, etc. Would rather not spend $250+

*Debating on just replacing it, but they were SO dim. .
*Then thought about the ole' cheap set of HIDs like DDM, VVME, etc. Then I read about the light dispersion being so bad and blinding drivers.
*I see the ones Heus33 sells which look nice.
*Buy a set of Black Headlamp assemblys, that have the LEDs in them, angel eye rings, but also comes with projectors and HID kits.
*Can you buy a headlight housing from say, CarID, eBay, etc. that has the projector lens in it, and then add a DDM, VVME, HID kit into it?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
The projectors in those eBay headlights you are talking about are designed for halogen.

Just get a kit from hues or the retrofitsource.com. its 100% better than all the other options.

I just ordered mine.

Im in the process of arranging a group buy for us like the Tacoma forums have.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any chance you guys could list exactly what you bought? I know I will get the wrong thing. 21SF, when do you think you will do the GB? I like the G21's too :)

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
This: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/co...orimoto-mini-stage-3-kit-h1.html#.UvKp3rQzKN4

Choose your color preference 4300K is what most stock HID come with the higher the number the bluer. I picked 6000K

Choose 9007 for the harness.

Decide if you want halo's or not.

Chose your shroud. I chose to stick with the mini gatling that it comes with.

Im waiting for Matt to email me back before I post the details of the GB.

If you are in a hurry call them and ask if you can be added to the tacome GB.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Yea oven mod, trust me its stupid easy. Sounds scary but I put my JDM Gs300 headlights in the oven and those were $1000ea.

That retrofit (ls460 projectors) was actually difficult. this one is cake

·
Banned
1,279 Posts
Pics!!!! ?
just a few crappy cell phone pics.
Item list:
Morimoto 6.0 H1 projectors
morimoto 3Five ballasts with xb35 4300k bulbs
gatling gun shrouds with 100mm amber led halo
9007 motocontrol harness

i used plastidip to try out a few different color options.
also the gatling gun shrouds are a little too big, they touch the lens once everything was put back together so i have to figure something out, either mod them to sit further in, or different shrouds.

all chrome

blacked out except shroud

all blacked out

LED Halo

night halo

stock headlights

ONE projector

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
just a few crappy cell phone pics.
Item list:
Morimoto 6.0 H1 projectors
morimoto 3Five ballasts with xb35 4300k bulbs
gatling gun shrouds with 100mm amber led halo
9007 motocontrol harness

i used plastidip to try out a few different color options.
also the gatling gun shrouds are a little too big, they touch the lens once everything was put back together so i have to figure something out, either mod them to sit further in, or different shrouds.

all chrome

blacked out except shroud

all blacked out

LED Halo

night halo

stock headlights

ONE projector

So fricking nice

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Banned
1,279 Posts
yea i was thinking some gunmetal would look nice, none of the places that sell plastidip had anything other than black so i couldnt try it out. and since my shrouds hit the lens, it rubbed the plastidip off, but i plan on opening them up to fix the shroud/lens contact, maybe try a different shroud, i like the monster shrouds heus33 sells, so i might pick up a set of those since i plan on getting the fog light projector retrofit from him.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the information. That is amazing how bright and clean the cut off is. So I assume that exact kit will fit our headlight. Do they have a cheaper option haha. They have an option for sealant, whats that all about?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
The sealant is for putting the light back together sometimes the factory remaining sealant is enough sometimes you need more. Maybe I'll do a video how to.

I bought sealant when I did my gs300 lights but never used it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thanks. Video would be great!!

And I just realized tdhat The Retrofit Source is about 15 miles from me!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts