Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
on line
4,593 Posts
I've used one to help a friend load his truck many years ago.
They are fairly solidly built, but can be a little wiggly if not secured to the tire firmly.

Cabelas has one the doesn't rely on straps...and it's a bit cheaper (shipping not considered).

Have you looked at JC Whitney?

·
on line
52 Posts
I'm 5'9'' and im fine with stepping on the wheel, and especially what creek said, but standing on the folded down seat.

·
on line
1,638 Posts
I just step on my tire. That Thule step lowers your point towards the middle of the tire so don't know how much more that would help. I have a hard enough time reaching things when on top of the tire.

·
on line
3,272 Posts
it is surely not as inexpensive but you know gobi makes a ladder for our rigs. some people have them on and are quite happy with them. i am reluctant because others claim the additional weight puts excess strain on the struts for the rear hatch. if someone posts a finding on where to get better struts or if gobi will include them with the purchase, then I am all over that ladder.

·
on line
384 Posts
While I just use the bumper, backseat or tire, I can see the benefit of the step. It would keep your body centered over your feet and make it a bit more stable than leaning on the truck. But, it does drop you several inches below the top of the tire and then you have to pack it with you if you are going to need it to get stuff off the top at your destination.

·
on line
52 Posts
mcampana said:
Ahhhhhhhhhhh.........back when van halen, was van halen. Now they are just plain ***.

I miss Sammy.
You obviously havnt seen them on the current tour!!! I saw them in DC and im seing them again in Baltimore...cant wait!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts