Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
on line
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im bout to buy a throttle body spacer and am faced with options... i know that there was a post about the airaid spacers actually loosing power so i know about that one.
but what spacers are you guys running and/or which ones will give the most power for the price?

·
on line
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok sex i know that YOU choose no.. you got a supercharger.. im a junior in highschool.. my budget is usually less that 3 digits or whatever grandma money i have haha... a SC is not even an option for me lol

but of you that DID choose a TBS, which one?

·
on line
155 Posts
Honestly, I think you'll get a better performance gain if you go with the IMS from WRP instead of the TB spacer. Just my two cents....

·
on line
1,054 Posts
I think a throttle body space is just a waste of money, what is it you're wanting to accomplish from it? the extra 1hp? our trucks are already good in the power department, use the money on a mod that'll better suit you.

·
on line
152 Posts
well said projectX... and that 1 hp is a maybe.

There are a lot better things to spend your money on if you in high school. If you really want to show off to your buddys just get an intake... at least its more noticeable under the hood and probably gives you more gain in hp.

·
on line
1,206 Posts
I totally agree with everyone above. I just stated which one is best. I personally wont buy one due to the fact that 3 hp does nothing for anything. Save up and get a Volant or the WRP IMS.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
teX-TERRA said:
ok sex i know that YOU choose no.. you got a supercharger.. im a junior in highschool.. my budget is usually less that 3 digits or whatever grandma money i have haha... a SC is not even an option for me lol

but of you that DID choose a TBS, which one?
I totally see what you mean... but i didnt mean that i wouldnt buy one because i already have a supercharger, and because i have the money. I meant that I wouldnt buy one period... ever. No matter what my financial situation was.

Like most of the people said... its a waste of money.

In the land of the ricers, there are the big 4. which are the 4 most commonly bought things to give you more HP.

1. Intake
2. Exhaust
3. Headers
3. Chip (unfortunately there isnt anything like this out for our trucks yet)

·
on line
1,054 Posts
atekt said:
I totally agree with everyone above. I just stated which one is best. I personally wont buy one due to the fact that 3 hp does nothing for anything. Save up and get a Volant or the WRP IMS.

3hp is way high, you'll be lucky if you'll make even 1hp.

·
on line
279 Posts
Unless I'm mistaken, the IMS won't increase power either. It merely changes the torque curve.

I've focused on just getting more air in and out. Custom exhaust to eliminate to wretched factory Y-pipe, and a Volant CAI.

·
on line
1,206 Posts
ProjectX said:
atekt said:

3hp is way high, you'll be lucky if you'll make even 1hp.
I thought they dynoed it 3hp and 4 tq... Eh either way, you wont feel it.

·
on line
139 Posts
I just want to say...this is why I LOVE this forum. Most of the members have an interest in the "sensisble" factor first and the "cool" factor second.

There's too much crap in the aftermarket industry. Stop encouraging it by throwing money at it.

D-Rock

·
on line
652 Posts
take out your floormats for better acceleration and mpg

·
on line
1,638 Posts
D-Rock said:
I just want to say...this is why I LOVE this forum. Most of the members have an interest in the "sensisble" factor first and the "cool" factor second.

There's too much crap in the aftermarket industry. Stop encouraging it by throwing money at it.

D-Rock
Totally agree. But say the same thing over at clubfrontier and you'll get flamed into the ground. There are so many people there who swear by the TBS and IMS. Given the hypothetical gains of less than 3hp at best, I'd rather keep my money. People may post improved dyno numbers from these parts, but I don't buy it. I group these parts into the same crap category as the grounding kit. It still amazes me that people claim all these crazy gains and benefits from a grounding kit. The main supplier of these these 3 parts who I won't name is making a killing over on that forum.

·
on line
1,206 Posts
I agree with you for the most part, except for the IMS. It made really decent power for me, where I wanted it. Done and done. Its all personal preference but I needed more power when I added the 33's. The combo of the Volant, magnaflow, and the IMS did just what I wanted. I added all three at separate times so I could tell what gave me power and what didnt. The Intake gave me the most, then the IMS, the exhaust really didnt do a whole lot of anything for me.

·
on line
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
awesome guys.. thanks... the only reason i got the idea for the TBS was b/c a couple of my buddies at school said that a TBS is the cheapest, best, and first thing you should do to your truck... but again i would listen to you guys opinions long before i would listen to those of my stoner friends lol...

so no TBS? save up for CAI and exhaust?

·
on line
1,206 Posts
No TBS, Save up for a Volant first, then get a custom exhaust made.

·
on line
1,340 Posts
xterrock said:
Totally agree. But say the same thing over at clubfrontier and you'll get flamed into the ground. There are so many people there who swear by the TBS and IMS. Given the hypothetical gains of less than 3hp at best, I'd rather keep my money. People may post improved dyno numbers from these parts, but I don't buy it. I group these parts into the same crap category as the grounding kit. It still amazes me that people claim all these crazy gains and benefits from a grounding kit. The main supplier of these these 3 parts who I won't name is making a killing over on that forum.
I agree with everything you have to say.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts