Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I installed my Power Aid throttle body spacer a couple nights ago. I started taking pics, and then realized how easy it was to install and put the camera away. Seriously, four bolts and two plugs, put the spacer in and reassemble. Cake. Anyway, it sounds nice when you really step on it. It almost whistles for just a second. So far, the sound hasn't gotten annoying.... we'll see. I haven't noticed any difference in HP or torque. The first tank of gas actually did worse than without the spacer though. I'm not sure if it was just a bad tank, or because temperatures have been hovering in the teens all week or what the deal is. I'm gonna wait for things to warm up a bit (35-40 degrees in jan in utah is warm) and see what kind of mpg i get then. Anyone else out there had experience with a throttle body spacer? What, if any, kind of increases did you see in power and fuel economy?

·
on line
735 Posts
Ok so...

it costs money,
it makes more noise,
it probably doesn't make any additional horsepower whatsoever at any rpm range.

·
on line
1,977 Posts
Last week I had an Auto Extreme throttle body spacer and a Volant CAI installed.Got the TBS on ebay for $65.Check it out.Looks like it should do a better job than the PowerAid.For now I`ve got a FlowMaster 40 muffler.Boy does it sound sweet.And it feels like I got a pretty good power boost.Since I put them both on at the same time I can`t really tell if the TBS does any good or not.So far my MPG has gone down .4 ,from 17.6 to 17.2,but I can`t seem to get my foot off that gas pedal.I`ll let you know in a few weeks how the MPG is working out.I`ve got the SE with the computer in the dash.I keep it on the MPG readout to try for better mileage.It really helps you conserve when you can see your mileage drop.
Black is indeed beautiful!
Shadow :cheers:

·
on line
189 Posts
i have the Throttle Body on mi car

and im happy with it

it soounds like i have a Supercharger

is got the whistlin noise..

Cheaa

·
on line
72 Posts
I have to say that every TBS we have reviewed or installed has produced nothing more than noise. They do not increase horsepower, atleast none of the ones on the market today I have seen do. They dont help with engine tempuratures either. Just a good noise maker. :) Enjoy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts