Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like there are not many people running this kit:

I know there's a thread from 2016, but am wondering if there's anyone current running it or any general thoughts in comparison to the Bilstein 5100's and OME setup.

With the coupon, this kit comes out to $1500.00 shipped, seems like a good deal.

·
TNX Veteran
4,387 Posts
Alcans and Radflos cost about $1500
Uh......... Radflo 2.0 front coilovers alone are $1100. Rear shocks are $400. Alcans after shipping are $800. Add 15% for shipping & tax and you are at ~$2650.

I have been looking at Ironman stuff. Not cus I need it but cus I spend way too much of my life on Xterra research. They are much more popular in the Toyota scene and have recently become more popular with our rigs now that AllDogs Offroad has started selling them. I've only heard positive things from the few threads/posts I've read on FB or anywhere else.

And for $1500 SHIPPED? Seems like a great deal for everything you need minus UCAs.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Damn, prices have gone up in the last few years. Together my Alcans and Radflos were just under $1600. Rear Bilsteins were like $150.

·
Registered
Midnight Blue 2007 X
481 Posts
I was wondering about that kit as well as I started my research topic here ..
so I also was wondering how they are and only have heard good things about them so far..

but wow 1500 shipped nice ! I need one of those coupons too lol

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Errtu
I was wondering about that kit as well as I started my research topic here ..
so I also was wondering how they are and only have heard good things about them so far..

but wow 1500 shipped nice ! I need one of those coupons too lol
The coupon is for all, code SPRING25 until the end of April (see the front page of the website!)

·
Registered
Midnight Blue 2007 X
481 Posts
I believe they were around in Australia from like 1958s or something

·
Registered
09, lifted, 33's
137 Posts
I'd see if Alldogs has used them or got feedback from a customer. the rear springs seem like the equivalent of the HD springs from OME (way too harsh unless you were towing a camper or something). may be way too stiff without a rear bumper and other add ons in the rear.

Edit: website says to remove some leafs for stock xterra. sounds good to me!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been running the Foam Cell Pro lift on my 2012 for just under a year now. I've put about 15,000 miles on it and have been more than happy with the purchase. I went with the performance load front springs and the constant load rear springs, if I remember right, and the handling all around is money. I did them over a coilover kit because I put a lot of miles on it and do not want to have to hassle with rebuilding coilovers at standard intervals. I've done everything from running down severely rough roads, pot holes, tons of gravel road miles and drive it roughly 70 miles a day and the only thing I have noticed is that I need to do the rear shackle bushings again but I found my shackles to be pretty rusty upon installation. I am very happy with the ride, I felt that the stock springs felt very soft and mushy with little feedback to the driver, now the Xterra feels very tight and supported on all types of terrain. I need to bring the nose up ever so slightly to account for the ARB bumper and ZEON winch but I did see about a 2" lift in the front and then closer to 3" in the rear.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for your personal testimony @scoot_mcgrute. The more I do research on this, the more I am convinced this is a great option, especially for the price.over reservoir options (big diameter, FCP tech), maybe the marketing is getting to me. Question, did you have to add any shims as per usual for lift kits to fix any vibrations?

I realize you're the same guy who posted this!

At this point, the debate for me is whether it's worth it to drop some more dough for the kind of driving I do, or stick with my current shocks (KYB), since I may only hit the trails maybe once a month or so. I'm thinking maybe it might be worth it if the increased upfront cost could be outweighed by the fact that I will need to replace my shocks, struts, and leafs eventually in the future and this is a really high quality option that probably will last awhile with light usage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for your personal testimony @scoot_mcgrute. The more I do research on this, the more I am convinced this is a great option, especially for the price.over reservoir options (big diameter, FCP tech), maybe the marketing is getting to me. Question, did you have to add any shims as per usual for lift kits to fix any vibrations?

I realize you're the same guy who posted this!

At this point, the debate for me is whether it's worth it to drop some more dough for the kind of driving I do, or stick with my current shocks (KYB), since I may only hit the trails maybe once a month or so. I'm thinking maybe it might be worth it if the increased upfront cost could be outweighed by the fact that I will need to replace my shocks, struts, and leafs eventually in the future and this is a really high quality option that probably will last awhile with light usage.
Yep, that is also me!

I do have a vibration between 30 and 35 that a degree shim will take care of, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I think it would need around a 3 degree shim or so. I haven't noticed any vibrations outside of that range and honestly I barely notice it anymore. A couple other guys that are local to me installed the FCP kit and I don't think they noticed a vibration but I can't remember if they said anything. Also, I would recommend getting the front shocks assembled by them, makes install way slicker and you don't make the mistake I made 🤣

·
Registered
52 Posts
I ordered greaseable shackles and U-bolts from these guys to go with my soon to be installed OME leafs / Bilsteins and they loaded me up with free swag - two different key chains, five or six stickers, beer coozie, and a very nice ball cap. Nice touch for a low dollar order. I then contacted them directly regarding the armor (skid plates etc.) they make for the Frontier to see if there was the possibility of a little cross-pollination between those products and our Xterra - sadly no but they were very conversational and responded to my inquiry in less than a day. Point to my rambling is this company seems to make an effort and care about growing their business. That’s something that seems to be in short order these days. Keep us posted!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Debating starting another thread here or just asking the question here, I'll try here first; have a few general questions about upgrading suspension all around, i.e. a lift kit.

1. Will a lift that includes replacing the rear springs and shocks like the above increase the amount of rear travel in my suspension?

2. How bad is it for my axle to hit the bump stops? I assume that if this happens a lot, it can't be good for the structural integrity of the rear axle.

I recently just took some video of my rear suspension to confirm that I am indeed bottoming out on what I think is stock/OEM leaf and shocks in the back. I think in the past 3,500 miles, this happens most often when traveling over something like railroad tracks, cattle guards, etc.

As I am observing the video, I also notice that I am almost using up the full travel also at times, so not only would it be helpful to have some stiffer springs, I think it might be useful to have a few more inches of travel.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Decided just to go for it, but for their Nitro Gas shocks which are cheaper, as I think the Foam Cell Pro will be overkill for my use.

Speaking with the customer service, I was able to get them to put back this package on their website: Nitro Gas 2" Suspension Kit - Performance Load (0-660LBS) Suited For 2005-15 Nissan Xterra

With the 25% off deal, price is right under $1000, and that's with a full leaf pack. Ordered some shims from them as well (2 & 3 degree), and a SPC camber kit from Amazon. We'll see how this goes...!

·
Registered
Midnight Blue 2007 X
481 Posts
Decided just to go for it, but for their Nitro Gas shocks which are cheaper, as I think the Foam Cell Pro will be overkill for my use.

Speaking with the customer service, I was able to get them to put back this package on their website: Nitro Gas 2" Suspension Kit - Performance Load (0-660LBS) Suited For 2005-15 Nissan Xterra

With the 25% off deal, price is right under $1000, and that's with a full leaf pack. Ordered some shims from them as well (2 & 3 degree), and a SPC camber kit from Amazon. We'll see how this goes...!
wow that looks like a really good deal for full kit !! keep us updated )

·
Registered
2,157 Posts

Just added to my cart and everything comes out to be a total of $974 shipped with the discount! That's a hell of a deal for a complete front/rear suspension setup. Sooo tempting! I was gonna go with the Rancho Quicklift setup but this is making me think twice hmmm....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts