Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would like to put this bottle opener on my X.

I have a tire carrier and limited to space on my bumper. I do have a few ideas to place it but not to sure.
1. I have a jack support on the bumper but don't use it.

2. On the plastic bumper cover. Not sure what's behind it. Haven't taken it off.

3. Or just under the step.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I would not put it on the plastics without providing a meta base for it suck as fender (very large) washers, or a metal plate drilled to the mounting holes.

With just the plastic support, you could damage it by applying force every time you pop your soda pop.

I would suggest mounting it some where on the steel bumper.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
604 Posts
Hmmmm....

Metal bottle opener on plastic molding, doesn't sound sturdy, might work but over time it'll crack, if you must, just use really big washers to spread the cantilever force over a bigger surface area

Or what do you have in the front?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would not put it on the plastics without providing a meta base for it suck as fender (very large) washers, or a metal plate drilled to the mounting holes.

With just the plastic support, you could damage it by applying force every time you pop your soda pop.

I would suggest mounting it some where on the steel bumper.

I was going to support the plastic with either part of the frame if available or with something else.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmmm....

Metal bottle opener on plastic molding, doesn't sound sturdy, might work but over time it'll crack, if you must, just use really big washers to spread the cantilever force over a bigger surface area

Or what do you have in the front?

I have the OEM bumper. Also have a brush guard which will be gone soon.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What's wrong with mounting it onto the body of the Xterra? Plenty of sturdy metal there.
Thought about that but wasn't sure if over time it would affect the body with the constant use. Wasn't sure how the paint would hold up and didn't want to damage the body in case of sale.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
604 Posts
Thought about that but wasn't sure if over time it would affect the body with the constant use. Wasn't sure how the paint would hold up and didn't want to damage the body in case of sale.
Posted via Mobile Device
Also don't invite your drunk/clumsy buddies to approach your rig with a metal/sharp object that could potentially scratch the paint.....party fowl....

·
Registered
604 Posts
I have the OEM bumper. Also have a brush guard which will be gone soon.
Posted via Mobile Device
If your getting a Shrock up front, it would cool on there too, plus if you ever get pulled over the cop won't see it as he walks up from behind you. (not like a bottle opener is illegal but it could rise some unwelcomed suspicion)

Or Atleast paint the opener to match your bumper

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
I have one mounted to my rear bumper. I just drilled two holes through it, and bolted the bottle opener on. I used actual bolts instead of just self-tapping screws. I also still have a stock rear bumper...drilling into a shrock or a hefty might not be as easy lol

·
TNX Administrator
20,205 Posts

1 - 15 of 15 Posts