Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting this kit from PRG. Just got my 285/75/16s installed and have a little rubbing. Doing the melt mod this Saturday. I want to add a little more clearance as well. I don't do any real serious off-roading and just want to get a little bit of lift on a budget. I'm looking into this kit from PRG

http://www.prgproducts.com/shop/product/x-saal-delux-mini-kit/

Anyone have this exact kit installed? If so, did you remove the rear sway bar? Does doing this affect steering or cause vibrations?

I've never had any type of lift before so I have these noobish questions.

Any similar kits that happen to be better than PRG's?...I was looking into Calminis kit. I checked out OME but theirs seemed a little more a la carte instead of an all in one kit.

Any help/recommendations appreciated!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Your control arms will knock. You might want to consider getting a set aftermarket control arms as well. The rear sway removal will aid in travel and prevention of broken end links later unless you have extended endlinks or QDCs. You may notice a slight difference when towing large loads, other than that completely fine for a DD. I would recommend Nistec spacers up front and PRG deavers AAL in the rear if you are on a budget.

·
on line
22,508 Posts
That's not a body lift, that is a suspension lift achieved by spacers. There are hundreds and hundreds, possibly thousands here who either have or once had that set up. Start of by checking out the lift thread sticky in this suspension section, and search a little. There are tons and tons of threads with all the info you seek.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So the control arms are guaranteed to knock? What aftermarket control arms would work well with this set up? Would I need UCA & LCA's?
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 6 of 6 Posts