Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you get the OEM ones off? I have the install instructions at home, but I'm no there now. I am buying a set from a member here tommorow and he needs to know how to get them off. I know there is a bracket, but the holes in the frame look strange...

Thanks guys...

·
on line
628 Posts
There are some "studs" located up inside the body of the truck. That is what the brackets on the rails will mount to, not the frame.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
the brackets stay on the rails, where the brackets bolt into the body is where you remove the nut, bolts are welded into the frame, so they don't come off, just the nuts, once all nuts are off the bolts the brackets slip right off and volla! your rails are freeee!!!!!

·
on line
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will I need to buy bolts then if they are welded to the frame?

Also, how do you access the nuts, is it difficult?

·
on line
2,077 Posts
bolts are welded to the body, just look on the underside of your doors and you'll see them, no need to buy any

nuts are easy to acess, just follow the rail brackets and you can see them. easy to get on and off by laying under the vehicle and using a ratchet.

·
on line
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got under the car and finally saw just which bolts you guys were reffering to, wow this should be an easy install with the rails already mounted to the brackets...

·
on line
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got them done today, can't believe I had to ask questions.

Thanks guys, mods feel free to close this.

·
on line
628 Posts
Wiggum said:
Got them done today, can't believe I had to ask questions.

Thanks guys, mods feel free to close this.
At least you won't have to ask when you decide to upgrade to some sliders.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts