Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately I have moisture building up in the carpet of my front passenger side floorboard under my weathertech mat. It's only there. I can't find any sign of anything under the truck, and I can't find any sign that water is coming from that AC vent that blows on the feet. Has anyone seen this issue before, and does anyone know any tricks to fix it? It's beginning to smell musky.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Lately I have moisture building up in the carpet of my front passenger side floorboard under my weathertech mat. It's only there. I can't find any sign of anything under the truck, and I can't find any sign that water is coming from that AC vent that blows on the feet. Has anyone seen this issue before, and does anyone know any tricks to fix it? It's beginning to smell musky.
Used to happen regularly on my old Nissan XE-V6. Your air conditioner condenser is not draining. Find the rubber drain line under the truck and gently feed a coat hanger up inside of it. Water will start flowing out. You may have to do this once or twice a year.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Used to happen regularly on my old Nissan XE-V6. Your air conditioner condenser is not draining. Find the rubber drain line under the truck and gently feed a coat hanger up inside of it. Water will start flowing out. You may have to do this once or twice a year.
That sounds much easier than replacing the heater core. I hope you get lucky!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, guys, y'all are awesome. I'm gonna money with the AC drain first and hope that fixes it...

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
drain for the A/C evaporator is clogged.

when it clogs, it backs up in the the cabin. there's a thread on here somewhere.

·
on line
2,044 Posts
there is a rubber drain thing on firewall behind front passenger tire..... you can use a toothpick and see if its clogged...

heater core leak can drip on the passengers carpet area below glove box.... my 05 i was able to purchase the heater core separate and not the whole unit ...

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay, I'm losing my mind. I looked under the truck for 15 minutes yesterday and couldn't find the darn drain hose. What am I missing?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Turn on the engine and the a/c. If you still can't find the hole tell your gf you're sorry but you need some help.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
2,044 Posts
sorry.... if your heater core is leaking slowly, turn the heater to on position once truck is warm/hot and look from passenger floor mat up into fire wall... you might be able to see the leak or touch the carpet from the firewall on the left side so see where its coming from.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts