Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
on line
131 Posts
I rode in that thing on it's first trip after the SAS. This was going to be his second wheelin' trip. At least no one was injured. Brock says that he might just turn it in to a truggy now.

·
on line
1,114 Posts
Ouch! That was Brocks truck. Myself and a couple other rigs drove down to NC to pick it up after the SAS was finished. We then went to Uwharrie for an NOAS run. Shame. If the insurance totals the truck, I hope he buys it back and turns it into a trailer queen.

Glad to hear he's OK.

·
on line
20 Posts
Glad nobody was hurt.

As for the crash... Big truck manages to stop, following vehicle flips. Hmmmm. Seems to me that the X was either unsafe or the driver was operating beyond a safe manner for the conditions.

I see so many re-engineered vehicles operated by people who seem to have no clue that they are now 'different'. Not to mention operators of SUVs who think they are in a Formula One car. (we won't even get into the "Racer Boy" or other speed freaks.)

I just hope the operator accepts his responsibility, higher insurance premiums, and learned something before he kills someone next time.

·
on line
3,754 Posts
does anybody know how old Brock is? some of the things he says makes him sound like he 17 and "knows everything". like when he says a loaded 18 wheeler can stop faster than his X. and when he says the driver of the truck should have gone thru the light. if the driver felt he couldnt make it safely thru the intersection before it turned red, im sure he couldnt.

·
on line
139 Posts
The whole thread is just plain dumb. As much as I don't wish a horrible accident like that on anyone, I have to say that Brock and his supporters had / have it coming. Just because you can purchase a vehicle and a bunch of aftermarket parts for it, doesn't mean you have the skills to make good decisions on what to do with those parts, or to drive the vehicle safely once the parts are on it.

I remember a similar thread on some Subaru forums a couple years back where a guy totaled his STI. He blamed the accident on his tires -- something about them not having the wet traction they should have. He didn't get any slack like Brock seems to. This type of attitude is a disturbing trend (I've seen it in other places too).

If you can't safely handle your vehicle as-is, under reasonable conditions, then you are a hazard. People slamming on brakes is an everyday occurence.

If you can't stop your vehicle faster than another vehicle that weighs thousands of pounds more than yours does, then you are most definitely a hazard.

I have very little sympathy.

D-Rock

·
on line
2,004 Posts
D-Rock said:
The whole thread is just plain dumb. As much as I don't wish a horrible accident like that on anyone, I have to say that Brock and his supporters had / have it coming. Just because you can purchase a vehicle and a bunch of aftermarket parts for it, doesn't mean you have the skills to make good decisions on what to do with those parts, or to drive the vehicle safely once the parts are on it.

I remember a similar thread on some Subaru forums a couple years back where a guy totaled his STI. He blamed the accident on his tires -- something about them not having the wet traction they should have. He didn't get any slack like Brock seems to. This type of attitude is a disturbing trend (I've seen it in other places too).

If you can't safely handle your vehicle as-is, under reasonable conditions, then you are a hazard. People slamming on brakes is an everyday occurence.

If you can't stop your vehicle faster than another vehicle that weighs thousands of pounds more than yours does, then you are most definitely a hazard.

I have very little sympathy.

D-Rock
I do not think Brock did this on purpose. this means it an accident. I am thankful that he is OK. the way to look at this situation, is that He should have learned a lesson, and that's now One less careless driver on the road, given it was careless.

Heck, I was careless when I first started driving. took an accident to straighten me out. So I'm glad no one got hurt. if he does this again, then it's another story

·
on line
15,651 Posts
The way I look at it. Blaming the semi just looking for someone else to blame. If the semi came to a complete stop before the light, even if had to lock up his brakes, he did nothing wrong.

If you rearend someone, no matter the situation, it's your fault. If you run off the road trying to avoid rearending someone, it's your fault. If you could not come to a complete stop safely, it's YOUR fault.

·
on line
139 Posts
Webfur said:
I do not think Brock did this on purpose. this means it an accident. I am thankful that he is OK. the way to look at this situation, is that He should have learned a lesson, and that's now One less careless driver on the road, given it was careless.

Heck, I was careless when I first started driving. took an accident to straighten me out. So I'm glad no one got hurt. if he does this again, then it's another story
It's obvious that he didn't do it on purpose. Based on his response and some of the responses of his supporters, he sounds careless and the impression that I got is that he hasn't really learned a lesson. I'm just not convinced that he's going to change his ways.

Muzikman summed it up perfectly. There's a reason that most states automatically assign fault to the rear-ender and not the rear-endee. There are some rare exceptions, but this isn't one of them.

D-Rock

·
on line
3,754 Posts
D-Rock and Muzikman, im glad im not the only one who feels this way.

when i was 20 i rear ended someone cuz i dropped the remote to my cd player. it was my fault and i know it. ill admit when it first happened i blamed the car in front of the pick up i hit because he had stopped at a yield sign. but it wasnt long before i realized i should have been paying attention. instead i totaled my S10 and the pick up i hit. you just have to take responsibility and admit you f****d up.

·
on line
1,479 Posts
Well, I'm just sorry to see that SAS'd truck destroyed. Damn. I hope it can be recovered in some form or another.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts