Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I just had a moment where it sounded like something under tension popped and fell off my truck, whilst banging a U-ie on a side street to get me some 'za. Saw nothing lying on the ground when I got turned around, and I could only find a parking spot on a busy main street so I couldn't look under my X but I saw nothing hanging off. On the way home, stopped in the nearest parking lot to scramble underneath with a flashlight; I also had a little brake squeal which went away within a minute. Sounded like driver side front. After examination, I determined that everything was still attached (even my engine skid, which I know is only held on by two bolts). I'm hoping it was just some leftover debris from this weekend that finally worked its way loose from wherever it was trapped, or maybe something just got too gunked up with mud and broke the tension. I suppose I'll know better in the morning.

Pizza tastes amazing, though.

What's your clunk story?

·
Registered
209 Posts
In college I picked my muffler up off the street and kept it in my trunk for years till that piece of dodge died.

·
on line
951 Posts
My favorite clunk is the slop in the driveline when grabbing a gear at a complete stop. I'm lazy and put it in neutral and take my foot off the clutch if I'm going to be stopped for any length of time. Probably doesn't help that I'm at 170k on a stock clutch and I know it's on its way out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts