I just pried mine out and then used a step bit to make the holes slightly larger for the well nuts. The rivnuts are only held on by 1mm of sheet metal.Those would work great after I figure out how to get all these stripped ones out without completely mangling my roofs sheet metal
I had to cut larger access holes on the hidden ones to get vise grips on them.There are quite a few that are up in those cross members that you just cannot get a hold of. These are pretty small needle nose pliers, and it just spins in there.
20210504_153626 by Noah, on Flickr
I gave up messing with it for the day. Gave me some time to finish up another project.
20210504_175659 by Noah, on Flickr
Also, my lift kit finally arrived after 7 weeks, so I will be on the garage floor for a few days. I'll work on the rack later. Not looking forward to it though
You have to tighten them about 1/16 turn and then back off slowly.All the videos I watched on removal just showed using the T-30 to remove the bolts. Didn't see any "proper" way to remove them. I didn't even have to apply any real pressure before they they just spun.