Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
^ dang man thats like hydro-lock scary. :pale:

I soiled myself when I saw the pic.

I was told to keep right, but no one emphasized how extremely right.

The size of the bow wave and the angle to the camera help with the scariness too.

I'm not really a water or mud kind of guy (too scary) but sometimes stuff happens. I'm lucky to have escaped without having drunk the chocolate water. I have replaced the radiator since then. I didn't clue in when I started to have problems, maybe this run set things in motion, maybe it didn't, but now I would certainly pay special attention to cleaning the rad after a run like that.

Here's another few pics from Shoe Lake near Minden, Ontario, Canada.

License plate now held in place by FOUR screws.

·
Registered
509 Posts
How did you not get stuck?
Original pic

I just kept my momentum up and tried not to overreact to anything, moving gradually ever more to my right.

I guess I should have posted the three pics I have, in order, right from the get go. Here they are in order.

Many thanks to Slavex of the CNTC for the photos.

In the two pics with the logs and rocks:

I was glad not to be the first one through.

A First Gen with a much more experienced driver went through before me and struggled but made it. I activated the locker, followed his line where it seemed to be working and it actually went smoothly. (Locker + "Look 'n Learn" + Toyo MTs + VQ + Luck? = Success)

I was glad to have recently installed my skids. There were some nasty surprises in the water along that trail. Slavex was laughing his bag off until about halfway through when I told him that I was not unprotected on this, my toughest ever, trail. He was right though, I'd have been a basket case if not for the skids.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Did those doors leak on you at all?
I did take on a very slight amount on the passenger side rear door like the little pocket on the floor right on the edge. Moving through your normally okay water just flows past, just don't stop lol
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,224 Posts

Had to have a tractor pull me outta that.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts