Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

401 - 420 of 423 Posts

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
I double secure my stuff on the roof even on a 20 mile drive, and I move it with my weight behind it, in every direction. It's been 50x40x7 inch empty boxes and it's been 2x 50 lb bumper shells up there, but each gets secured and double secured because my first Xterra met its end and this second one needs to look pretty for all of its 1 million miles. only 12 percent there after 5 years, hopefully the yearly mileage will pick up?

I heard a story... in Colorado... Jeep Cherokee pulling a log up a slope, or was it 3 logs... long logs, 30ft kind, maybe longer.. well the Jeep didn't make it all the way up, and gravity took over and jeep was being dragged backwards, all....the....way....down. No flipping over, must have been good backwards sliding. First hand account, I was in the spot where it happened, as they built their log cabin.
It was at 11,500 ft and it was by Leadville. In winter only snowmobiles and a snowcat made it up that road.

Haha thanks, definitely not just for show, it's been packed to the brim on road trips too, I'll need one of your racks at some point, my Harbor Freight special has seen better days lol.

Funny story: I was going down an off camber downhill section during that camping trip, and one of those logs got loose, toppling onto my hood, leaving a couple good dents. A few years back I would have freaked out, but I use my rig now, no baby'ing it anymore.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2005 Nissan Xterra OR
795 Posts
I heard a story... in Colorado... Jeep Cherokee pulling a log up a slope, or was it 3 logs... long logs, 30ft kind, maybe longer.. well the Jeep didn't make it all the way up, and gravity took over and jeep was being dragged backwards,
View attachment 127297
Talk about pucker factor!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2005 Nissan Xterra OR
795 Posts
Cozy... private enough?
Oh yeah, you're in a deep canyon in a pretty remote area of NorCal. I believe I went during the week. This was circa 2010. I heard, hope it isn't true, that one of the wildfires tore through this area. I'll have to check out a map with an overlay.

Right around the corner you have the feather River. This is steps away from the campsite.

·
Registered
2006 Nissan Xterra OR
93 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Nissan Xterra OR
795 Posts
Was that spot first come first serve or reservations?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
It is first come first serve, at least when I was there years ago.

The trail is called "Davis Flat Trail" and is near Pine Flat Reservoir. Hume Lake ranger district should have up-to-date info: 559-338-2251

·
Registered
425 Posts
I changed up my setup quite a bit, but here it is currently, fully deployed. I've also got a new video coming out on my YouTube channel that walks you through the whole setup. It comes out on Tuesday.

·
Registered
2005 Nissan Xterra OR
795 Posts
I really enjoy your YouTube channel, thanks for the content you provide!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Headed out to Interlakes Provincial Campground in Peter Lougheed Park in Kananakis Alberta, Canada. Beautiful location between two lakes, just pulled into the site and three grizzlie bears walk out of the brush by the campsite across the road from us. They walked down the road and out of the campground, apparently three such groupings were in the area. Great hikes in the area, we took the dogs on a couple of good ones. Water still quite cold as it is feed from the run off from the mountains. Suppose to be heading to Montana this week for ten days, but the border is shut down, heading to Beauvias Lake Alberta for 8 days. Pictures will follow.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Headed out to Interlakes Provincial Campground in Peter Lougheed Park in Kananakis Alberta, Canada. Beautiful location between two lakes, just pulled into the site and three grizzlie bears walk out of the brush by the campsite across the road from us. They walked down the road and out of the campground, apparently three such groupings were in the area. Great hikes in the area, we took the dogs on a couple of good ones. Water still quite cold as it is feed from the run off from the mountains. Suppose to be heading to Montana this week for ten days, but the border is shut down, heading to Beauvias Lake Alberta for 8 days. Pictures will follow.
View attachment 128305 View attachment 128306 View attachment 128307 View attachment 128308 View attachment 128309
Man, Alberta is gross, thanks for warning us.

401 - 420 of 423 Posts