Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

381 - 400 of 423 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Nissan Xterra OR
777 Posts
It's only natural to test how "heavy" it actually is!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006 Nissan Xterra OR
93 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Nissan Xterra Offroad
67 Posts
I've had my X for just 6 weeks so I've spent that time getting it outfitted for adventure season. Took it out last night to test her out in winter conditions and with my 2" foam mattress topper installed in the back. Worked wonderfully and felt great to be out. Here are a few pics from this morning before I drove back.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This was the view from this past weekend. Nice weekend out on the beach. Caught a bunch of fish and a white tip shark (catch and release.) Got this truck 3 months ago and loving it. Not much mods yet but handiest thing I got was the Habitat Offroad front and rear recovery kit and already had to tow my dads friends 4runner that died and recovered a friend's 2wd 4runner that was stuck in the sand...twice. lol. Love this 6spd beast.

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Look at that awning demo.... super
I thought of using the roof rack for a super-awning purpose... either side... both sides...
tubes extending from the rack tubing....

I have been to Death Valley in summer time, for 2 weeks, 3. No awning. Precious shade...
Not just shade for me, on the side... shade Xterra too!

Here's a coue pics of the setup this weekend.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Great use of your rack! It's not just for show, look at those logs :)
Haha thanks, definitely not just for show, it's been packed to the brim on road trips too, I'll need one of your racks at some point, my Harbor Freight special has seen better days lol.

Funny story: I was going down an off camber downhill section during that camping trip, and one of those logs got loose, toppling onto my hood, leaving a couple good dents. A few years back I would have freaked out, but I use my rig now, no baby'ing it anymore.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

381 - 400 of 423 Posts