Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Xterra Pro4x
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Username: theEmu

I’ve been slowly working on the X since I bought in 12/2011. I’ve been her only owner and she’s done me well.

Make: Nissan
Year: 2012
Model: Xterra
Trim: Pro4x
Color: black

Mods:

EXTERIOR
Hardcore Off-road front steel bumper
Hardcore Off-road rock sliders
Quadratec 17” light bar with halos
Katana LED headlights
LED boob lights
LED side markers
LED fogs with halo lights
Stubby radio antenna

INTERIOR
Alpine iLX W650 receiver
K&N cabin air filter
Other odds and ends/recover gear: fire extinguisher, dash cam, cheap seat covers, mounted flash light

SUSPENSION
Complete OME lift with AAL

ENGINE
K&N drop in filter

TIRES
BFGoodrich KO2, 265/75/16

WHEELS
DX4 Rebel

Comments: I’ll probably focus more on mods that help vs for looks now, i.e. intake manifold spacer, exhaust. I’ve wanted an Xterra since I first saw the yellow 1st gen ones, and this is something I hope to have for awhile. I’m sure I’ve forgotten a thing or two as well.

Photos:
How she sits now:

Past mods in progress:

Gotta love frozen bolts.

Poking around Hidden Falls

·
Registered
2012 Xterra Pro4x
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
How are you liking the OME Suspenison?
It’s good. My shocks were shot though from the armor. They were so shot that this added 2.25” in the rear and 2.75” in the front when it was supposed to only add 1.5” overall. This is my daily driver so I wanted something that’s better than stock but not too much (for now). My wife said it rides better so it had to do something good.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Great to know. My X is in need of new suspension, just rolled 280k the other day on the original stock set up, ( I believe, bought it second, maybe third or fourth hand.) I was initially looking at 5100's but I have heard they ride a bit on the rougher side. As this is also my DD I want it to behave well on road but would like a setup ready for the backcountry. The main goal is for the wife to say it rides better...here's hoping.

·
on line
286 Posts
Hey, nice rig! What part of TX are you from? I noticed the Hidden Falls pic, I’ll be out there with some buddies on Father’s Day weekend. Oh, and I’m from San Antonio by the way.

·
Registered
2012 Xterra Pro4x
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice. I’m around the Dripping Springs area. I was supposed to go back to Hidden Falls in June but that’s been postponed a bit. It’s a quick drive so I’m sure I’ll be back there soon enough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts