Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Tell us how the damaged happen.

And I wouldn't bother fixing the bumper, just buy a shrock one. :)

·
on line
2,938 Posts
That sucks.

I agree with Jeff. Just buy a Shrock bumper.

·
on line
1,884 Posts
X3 on the bumper!

And you can't just throw out tose pix without a little back story!!! :bounce:

·
on line
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The hole in the tire was a tree branch on the ground. The bumper, fender and door is from a choice between a big boulder and a tree. I choose the tree and the tree won. However in my own defense, I was going downhill in reverse as the lifted X in front of me got high centered on a different boulder and the rest of the group had me go back down to go do a different route. I know that the longer that I wheel the better that I will get, but still...I was doing fine until then. BTW, we were on Squaw Ridge Rd. I agree on the shrock bumper, already figured that. The tire is going to run me about 190 out the door at costco. I am just debating how much work I want to do on the fender. Do I want to replace it? Or just leave it? I am personally leaning towards having it replaced as I will keep looking at it and getting cranky about it. :rolleyes:

·
on line
122 Posts
Leave it as a reminder of what not to do. Plus it is a great conversation piece. LOL. Actually, shore it well and save money for the Shrock. JMHO.

·
on line
2,459 Posts
spikheel said:
I am just debating how much work I want to do on the fender. Do I want to replace it? Or just leave it? I am personally leaning towards having it replaced as I will keep looking at it and getting cranky about it. :rolleyes:
I'd figure out how much it costs to get a new one. Get the new one but keep the old one. I can't imagine it taking all that long to take the fender off and on.

So if you go off roading you can put the beat up fender on and keep the nice shiny one at home. Get home and swap it back out.

But that all depends on price and how hard it is to take a fender off and put back on. ;)

·
on line
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well, the estimate of the damage is 3100 and change. So my truck will be getting a new shrock front bumper, a new fender and fixing both doors on the passenger side...or so they think! A new bumper, a new fender, and fix the front passenger door and I think it will be fine...

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
spikheel said:
oh the fun of the weekend...and the ouches of the weekend...
OK, so Sat. night I stepped hard on my wife's SPIKE HEEL...lying upside down on the floor....by the bed. The resulting wound is pretty ugly...blood and brusing...you dont want to see pics. :blackeye:

There may have been a beer or 4 involved but WTF! ...these things are like pungi spikes....so I'm not sure exactly what this means...but looking at your screen name and story....I find an odd coincidence! :D

·
on line
1,479 Posts
nice view from the trail. At least you can justify the bumper now :blackeye:

·
on line
49 Posts
cornick said:
spikheel said:
I am just debating how much work I want to do on the fender. Do I want to replace it? Or just leave it? I am personally leaning towards having it replaced as I will keep looking at it and getting cranky about it. :rolleyes:
I'd figure out how much it costs to get a new one. Get the new one but keep the old one. I can't imagine it taking all that long to take the fender off and on.

So if you go off roading you can put the beat up fender on and keep the nice shiny one at home. Get home and swap it back out.

But that all depends on price and how hard it is to take a fender off and put back on. ;)
Personally, I'd just leave it alone. Now you won't have to worry about that fender next time you're off-roading.

I definitely would not suggest that you try to switch fenders back and forth. I took mine off a while back to try (to install something behind it) and it does take a while. It looks simple but takes longer than you expect.

·
on line
142 Posts
SWEET! Where is that trailhead? I'm heading to up to Truckee this weekend. Also on Aug. 19th a friend of mine from Rocklin and I are doing the Eagle Lakes area off of I-80. R u game? I can't wait.

·
on line
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ZwithanX said:
SWEET! Where is that trailhead? I'm heading to up to Truckee this weekend. Also on Aug. 19th a friend of mine from Rocklin and I are doing the Eagle Lakes area off of I-80. R u game? I can't wait.
I already have non-wheeling plans for both weekends. Thanks for the invite though! Enjoy yourself!

That trail head is off of HWY 88 at Bear River Reservior, called Squaw Ridge. I would not go on the trail unless you have sliders, good front bumper and at least a 3-5 in lift (especially the rock gardens). Well, at least I had 1 of the 3. :) I got stuck a few times and dragged a lot!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts