Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

The Shocker Run "Big Ten" - March 3rd & 4th, 2017

12K views 80 replies 19 participants last post by  afarrar3 
#1 ·

The 10th Anniversary is upon us!

The 10th Annual Shocker Run hosted by GPAX. March 3rd & 4th, 2017 GPAX will once again invade a cold and unforgiving Rausch Creek Off-Road Park and hit the icy, rocks and dirt of the 3,000 off-road acres. Details will increase over the following weeks.

This is run open to all makes and models of 4x4, not just Nissans.

The event will end with a top class raffle featuring GPAX's amazing sponsors and some amazing raffle prizes.

Don't miss GPAX's best event of the year and the largest winter wheeling event on the east coast for Nissans off-roaders.

• When: March 3rd & 4th, 2017
  • Where: Rausch Creek Off-Road Park - 453 Molleystown Road Tremont, PA 17981 - (570) 695-3900 Rausch Creek Off-Road Park
  • Time: 8:00am - 6:00pm
  • Lodging: Twin Grove KOA - 1445 Suedberg Road, Pine Grove, PA 17963. (717) 865-4602 RV Resorts in Pennsylvania - Twin Grove RV Resort & Cottages
    Comfort Inn Pine Grove - Pine Grove, PA 433 Suedeberg Road Pine Grove, PA 17963 Comfort Inn Pine Grove
  • Dinner: O'Neals Pub - 112 South Tulpehocken Street Pine Grove, PA 17963 - (570) 915-6093
  • Raffle: R.C. Pavilion after the trail groups finish. General Raffle Tickets are $3 for 1, $5 for 2, and $10 for 4. Specialty Raffle Tickets are $10 each.

Please reply to this thread if you are planning on attending The Shocker Run "Big Ten".

See less See more
#33 ·
I just got off the phone with a guy a know in California and he told me that Rugged Rocks is going to be dropping a huge swag bomb on the Shocker Run this year! The Big Ten is shaping up to be an event not to miss!

www.ruggedrocks.com

#34 ·
In for Saturday for sure on blues. I posted on FB and the original thread for this.. I need a spot to crash Saturday night if any of you have a open floor in a cabin I can pay my share to the cabin fee. And beer on me!! Mmmm beer :grin:

#35 · (Edited)
Twin Grove Reservations

Do these people ever answer their phone? I've literally called every day this week multiple times a day and left them multiple messages to try and reserve a cabin and have yet to get a phone call back. Driving me crazy!!! :violent1:

EDIT: I emailed them and they called back. Said their power was out yesterday. Funny since I've been calling since Monday :bs:

#44 · (Edited)
Bored at work so here's the weather forecast for Tremont, PA for next weekend thanks to weather.com

I'll be getting in around 9 Saturday morning. I hope I don't miss out on all the fun but with a 4 hour drive and work till 11:30 the night before I just cant get there any earlier.

EDIT: Larger image attached for the older folks with bad peepers

Attachments

#50 ·
Is anything going on Friday night after wheeling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, drinking, and lots of it. There is always O'neals in Pine Grove or beers at the camp ground around a fire.

#52 ·
Who is ready to win some raffle prizes!?! Here are just a couple awesome prizes we will have up for grabs!

Quadratec Q9500i Stealth Winch w/ Synthtic Line

Quadratec Winch Recovery Kit

Tacktik 50" LED Light Bar

#53 ·
Food!

I'm going to be the noob, fat guy and ask. How does everyone handle lunch? Is it usually a group thing and we all take a break and get off the trails and grab some lunch? Or is it more of an everyone fend for themselves and bring lunch on the trails?

Really excited to get out for my first time, anything I should know so I don't look like a complete ass?

At least it'll be cool enough not to worry about the beer getting warm :drink:

#56 ·
RC just put a Starbucks in at the top of trail 11

;) j/k pack a lunch. You can stop at the Subway on the way to RC, but be advised, sometimes there is a long line and you don't want your run group hitting the trails without you.

I'm in T02 by the other Jeff at the campsite. Just look for his shiny head or i'll be the guy sleeping in my chair by the fire

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.