Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Just so people know, one lucky person is going to drive away with a $500 winch and a $250 lightbar. Good stuff. Wish I was there to participate.

·
Premium Member
9,953 Posts
Friday

De-shishkabobing big bleu

Saturday

Clearing some trails

Sunday

I was getting vibes which felt like an unbalanced tire. I thought it was just ice buildup on the wheel but when it warmed up it got a lot worse.

Changed my tire that I knocked off the bead.

Smelled gear oil and saw it pouring from the diff.

Not really something you want to discover 1.5 hrs into a 7 hr drive.

I have no idea how it broke or when. It wasn't even leaking or out of place when we wrapped up on Saturday. Also didn't leak at all through the night. Who knows.

Got home safe and the Titan swap just moved way up in priority. Still need to pull the diff and investigate.

·
Premium Member
9,953 Posts
14. I doubt psi would have made a difference though. There is a rock sticking out at perfect height to pop a bead right where I normally pivot around a rock on my slider. Pops it right off. Apparently I started my pivot a foot too soon. Shame on me.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I have no idea how it broke or when. It wasn't even leaking or out of place when we wrapped up on Saturday. Also didn't leak at all through the night. Who knows.

Got home safe and the Titan swap just moved way up in priority. Still need to pull the diff and investigate.
Wonder if all the ice prevented it from leaking?

sent from a crawlspace...

·
on line
1,113 Posts
A big thanks to GPAX and El Presidente for putting this together. I had a great time aside from freezing my ass off most of the weekend. Also a big thanks to all of the sponsors for all of the awesome stuff at the raffle.

Friday

Saturday

61 - 80 of 81 Posts