Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Thought I'd share a photo of this new rack..or at least new to me.. not sure how long its been around...I really like the low profile design...and its very quiet with the air dam in place.. without it it sounds like thunder over your head...

·
Banned
4,806 Posts
Its been around forever. Tons of guys on here have that or one of the other similar brands of basket. Lots of companies make them and theyre all pretty much the same thing.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its been around forever. Tons of guys on here have that or one of the other similar brands of basket. Lots of companies make them and theyre all pretty much the same thing.
Ok..thanks..I didn't know Rola was that old..I know there are others besides the Yak and Thule..
I have another Sportrack basket but I find it too high..the border is much taller..looks more like a grocery basket than a roof rack,,

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I have that rack!, also had a bull bar, but after some off-roading, it was reshaped....eventually i took it off.....now im sporting a Hefty front end.....looks GREAT!!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thought I'd share a photo of this new rack..or at least new to me.. not sure how long its been around...I really like the low profile design...and its very quiet with the air dam in place.. without it it sounds like thunder over your head...
Nice rack! Have also been looking at the same model. Did the stock clamps that secure to the cross bars fit?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Can you see where you're going with all those lights ;) if you don't mind me asking, what lenses are those on the original pro-4x roof lights? I really like them!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Can you see where you're going with all those lights ;) if you don't mind me asking, what lenses are those on the original pro-4x roof lights? I really like them!
Nah, I think I need more lights :grin:
The big ones in the front are 7k lumens a piece flood pattern.
The light bar on the roof is a 11k spot pattern

And I think I will keep the roof boobs and get amber lights

The lenses? They are the factory lenses, I was actually thinking about getting rid of them, you wanna buy them?

·
Registered
2,553 Posts

The lenses? They are the factory lenses, I was actually thinking about getting rid of them, you wanna buy them?
Throw some cheap Amazon HIDs with low profile ballasts in the roof lights. I did that with mine and it made a significant difference in output. You can probably even find 3K amber (yellow) to go up there.

·
Registered
607 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts

Lol no thanks buddy, I was just surprised on how clear the roof boobs lenses were! They look almost aftermarket, clean looking truck for sure!:rockin:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts