1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ball's is all I have to say:

Completely missed the bumper structure:

Comments:
So far, the mods are mild, but useful. It is a daily driver, commuter, but also used to tow the dirt bike, camp, for off-road adventures. The following items are also on my wish list: Exhaust, UpRev tune, beefier skids, bed line the roof.

Username: gwos25

Year: 2006
Make: Nissan
Model: Xterra
Trim: Off Road
Color: Lightning Silver

Mods:
General Grabber AT2, 285-75-16
ARB Old Man Emu light duty suspension, 1.5”
Mud flap delete
Volant CAI, without powercore
Shrockworks Sliders
Maxterra rear bumper with receiver
Kenwood double din with Sat radio, bluetooth, backup camera, and I-Pod control.
Hefty Rad Skid
Rack Delete - aka, arab edition, aka, NSFW, aka, parking garage mod.

Photos:
Stock: (well, almost, with new rubber)

After the lift:

With the Mud Flaps gone:

Shrockworks sliders, and my new theXterra.org decal!

Maxterra rear bumper, and new General Grabber AT2's

Had to pull the roof rack to fit in the garage at work. Here's a sneek peak.

had to remove it to fit in the parkade:

Still a tight fit!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Nice xterra! Very clean looking, well done!
How do you like your lift? Debating whether i should try and convince my parents to let me lift the X or not...
If i did, it'd end up looking something like yours hopefully!

·
TNX Administrator
20,493 Posts
:headbang: Nice start to a mighty fine Xterra Page, gwos25.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sylvesterthex: I love the lift. I bought the Xterra used, and with the worn out stock Off Road suspension, it would bounce all over the place on the highway, bottom out over dips in the road, or pot holes, or speed bumps, etc, etc. Now it's planted on the road, corners flat, soaks up big hits, and can haul ass down rough roads with ease. As yours is a 2010, the "my suspension is worn out and dangerous" might be a tough sell, lol.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Hope so. I have been out sick for the past 2 days so haven't been much help.
I'm not sure if I am putting the jinx on us or not, but i kind of hope we get to test out the new winch! At the very least, a little practice would be good.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm looking forward to doing the "top of the world" trail next year, in it's entirety :-D You have an IMS on your's flyfish? What did you think of it? Wait, might taint my opinion. Let's wait until I get to try mine then we can compare notes.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Nice X! That is pretty much exactly what I want to do, OME LD lift and sliders, and it's great to see how mine will EVENTUALLY look :) How are you liking the lift? Any complaints so far?

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks! My only complaint about the OME lift is the harsh ride over rough roads when the temps get below 0F. Shouldn't be a problem for you in TX, lol. Discovered I had put too much air in my tires last time I aired up too, that didn't help the ride quality, oops.

·
on line
452 Posts
nice truck!

heard your changing to duratracs whats the difference between the wrangler authority?

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
More aggressive tread pattern, and larger tire. The biggest I could get the Authorities were 265-75-16's. Think I want to go to 33's. What I'd LIKE to do is pick up another set of rims for the 33" Duratracks, and run them as a weekend off roading/winter tire. Then trade my Authorities straight up for someone's lightly used stock BFG Rugged Trails in a 265-75-16 and run them as my daily driver/summer tire. Just gotta find a set of cheap wheels.

·
Veteran - Deceased Member; 03/18/1975 - 08/16/2012
2,082 Posts
gwos, i think you could/would be better off just running the 33" duratrac tires full time. I don't see a need to change them out, other than to slow down the milage you put on them. you could just sell your authority's???

if you still want the rugged trails, i'm not sure if xterra_brit still has his?

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yea, I thought of that too. I've just been doing on average a 1000km a week, and that's going up to about 1200 in a couple weeks, and it's going to be like that until end of July or so, so a second set of street tires to "save" the duratracs and help with mileage won't hurt.

·
on line
452 Posts
More aggressive tread pattern, and larger tire. The biggest I could get the Authorities were 265-75-16's. Think I want to go to 33's. What I'd LIKE to do is pick up another set of rims for the 33" Duratracks, and run them as a weekend off roading/winter tire. Then trade my Authorities straight up for someone's lightly used stock BFG Rugged Trails in a 265-75-16 and run them as my daily driver/summer tire. Just gotta find a set of cheap wheels.
hmmm interesting how many miles on your authorities? i mean KM lol

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mileage didn't change noticeably with the IMS. If it did, I couldn't tell, as it changes by as much as 2mpg depending on which way the wind is blowing during my commute and how fast I drive, but I'm averaging 17.2 (MPG us).
Fierari, the Authorities have about 30,000 km on them now, lots of tread depth left.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts