Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I get re-adjusted to my surroundings here in Ft. Lauderdale in the area here. I frequently wave ,flash my lights to other Off Road folks and they just look, like a stunned deer in the head lights.:dontknow:

The number of tricked out Jeeps far out number us X Guys & Gals, here in Sunny South Florida and even the FJ Guys that presents is small, compared, to be a plentiful in Arizona.

Cruising down Los Olas, Downtown Ft. Lauderdale, the Jeep guys seem to be in there own world.:dontknow: But on the other hand they Jeeps are cosmetically perfect. Far cry from my scratched, dinged and slightly faded White X.

Point in fact I saw a very nice Technically Jeep with the lift and the goodies (white), but was chromed out and never set foot on a dirt road.

So I recommend we start making a effort to acknowledge other Moded Out 4WD so we can grow our community! Even the stock configurations guys!:drink:

·
Registered
638 Posts
i can agree with this. there are a lot of tricked out rides that have never seen a dirt road.

Im new to the upgrades so i havnt gone off road yet, still waiting to find some people to go with for my first time.

Anyways, i agree that we should get some kind of hand sign or something to say "hey" to others on the road that we see.

Cory

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response! I was getting worried that the Off Road Com. is dead!

Yea I actively looking at venues in the Glades. I was looking at a map and there appears to be miles of secondary roads /trails right near us just past SR27.

The other venue is getting choosing a (for example)Steak n shake and have a roll up just see if we can pull a group together?

I was exploring on New Years eve the Dania Beach area and stumbled on a great Park/beach where it would be ideal for the coming of the X's in South Florida. There was even a Burger/ Beer pace in the same parking lot.:bounce:

·
Registered
577 Posts
There's a lot of posers down here. Especially with jeeps. Not saying there aren't real or enthusiasts around. I do the same thing with the "hey, uh ok I guess not.". People in sf are douchy. As far as places to go off roading, we're pretty much s.o.l. Two of the main reasons we're getting the hell outta here at the end of the year.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Understand Completly!

That's why Colorado X moved back to CO. But its my turn to make a difference. I actually saw some dirt mud jeeps here in Coral Springs. propose built Mud Hens!

Coral Springs Target, I parked next to a pimped out jeep and it did not have even one custom pin stripping job or a good bump in the bumper! The smart A--- I am I put one Iron Bull Business Card on his wind shield. Show what a real bumper is!

My new job is starting get to be some level of normal, so I can head west to the Glades and do some exploring. I still have to get my New tags and surprisingly have some issues with turning in my AZ Tag. I did not think I would actually think twice about it?

Yea I washed my truck finally and got most of the Arizona Desert out, but hopefully not all!

Today I will be in the Delray Beach area exploring for the path less traveled!
There is sandy path that has my name on it! I just know it?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Good luck. Let us know what you find. If you want to do some on foot trails try to make the trip down to homestead and go to Everglades nat'l park. Try to make it before it gets hot again though. If you're really gator curious make the first left once past the main entrance. Just keep your eyes open, and your kids up high, they're everywhere! It's really nice in the park especially in this kind of weather. It's about $10-15 per car to get in or $25 for the yearly pass. I got the pass when we were living down there. But it works for all nat'l parks I believe.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
19 Posts
i may have seen one mod X after moving back down here in pembroke pines. and i do some driving all over miami to ft lauderdale. btw i think i saw you rolling down opa locka one night. i was in the black X with iraq sticker. really sweet rig

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sadley not even adiert trail in Del Ray

The must be agate or a fence and the Nasty sign "No Trespassing" in Del Ray.
Did see a many Street Queen Jeeps that has not seen a dirt road for a long time. They even had regular Highway tires.

I gave the usual off road courtesy and they were too busy looking cool!:headbang:

There is a up side to this. Since parking was out of the question, we found a Cool pub with Good Cheer!

Its Called the Blue Anchor complete with a Savvy Blonde English Women to serve up your favorite brew! Great service and you do not walk away broke either. Park on the other side of the building and the Blue Anchor will validate your parking!:pirate:

Great Food and Drink. We actually had fun and felt at home with perfect strangers!:rockin:

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Off roading wwith Jeeps?

AS I spoke with Champion 4x4 we came to the conclusion that our off road species are in danger because of the Florida having very tight regs were we can go. The X-Community can coop with the Jeep guys on truck evens and good fellowship and the love of going on the path less traveled.:wave:

I will get in contact with Jason later this week and see if can share events and hook up in the local greasy spoon place.

He was telling me that the Park Service allows us but we pay dearly and the trails are actually very few.:dontknow:

Ido not wish to see out trucks become over decorated Christmas Tree!:scratch:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey guys,

It's great to read some action from a few others down here! I grew up in Southeast Florida. My time is split between Key Largo and West Boynton Beach, and I work in Everglades National Park. So you may see me anywhere in the area of Boynton/Delray, Ft Lauderdale/ Pompano, Homestead/ Key Largo. I have cosmetically modded X (only owned it for 2 months so far). It's super black with almost everything blacked out (roof rack, step rails, front end, wheels) and I have custom red and white XTERRA decals on the roof rack. By the end of April it will have All Terrains and a 2" AAL. I do my own work on the truck, so I'd certainly be down for a mod day!

Give me a wave if you see me! I've only seen one other non stock X around and it was an orange mildly lifted 1st gen that still had the paper tag on the back.

I look forward to meeting the local crowd!

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey guys,

It's great to read some action from a few others down here! I grew up in Southeast Florida. My time is split between Key Largo and West Boynton Beach, and I work in Everglades National Park. So you may see me anywhere in the area of Boynton/Delray, Ft Lauderdale/ Pompano, Homestead/ Key Largo. I have cosmetically modded X (only owned it for 2 months so far). It's super black with almost everything blacked out (roof rack, step rails, front end, wheels) and I have custom red and white XTERRA decals on the roof rack. By the end of April it will have All Terrains and a 2" AAL. I do my own work on the truck, so I'd certainly be down for a mod day!

Give me a wave if you see me! I've only seen one other non stock X around and it was an orange mildly lifted 1st gen that still had the paper tag on the back.

I look forward to meeting the local crowd!
Hello there! I frequent the A1A Delray to Ft. Lauderdale all the time .Matter of fact I cruised Delray to get out of the house last night . I had to try my newly installed HID on my service lights. Big Difference.:headbang:

I wave and do the "spotted reach out " and I get a blank stare. Nothing like the X Community in Arizona. Finally traded my AZ Tag for Florida today. Felt a little sad.

Yea its sad I have to settle for puddles and the occasion dirt lot here in South Florida. I wish my new job landed me in the Orlando area. Ample area to get in trouble.

Trying to get out the glades to some exploring, before I wear my BFG Kevlar into the pavement. Its high time a get some good Florida Pictures.

I will be in Delray with Mrs. Ghost tonight to check out a few waterholes! Yea I am only he few Desert Trucks around here, but I am hope full to run into our Fellow X Owners here.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I saw one of you guys in Everglades National Park today. I've seen a picture of the truck before on the other forum, but we passed each other so quickly, I only managed a short horn honk and a through-the-windshield wave. I wasn't in my X, rather I was driving a champagne Ford E350 passenger van pulling a trailer with 12 multicolored kayaks. The X I saw was dark blue, lifted, and with sexy tires; the front might have been blacked out. Wish I had the time to stop and chat!

On a side note, I purchased a set of All Terrain KO's. Hopefully I can get them mounted later this week. Anyone feel like having a mod day soon? I'll order an AAL and spacers and wait to install them.

See you all around,

·
Registered
577 Posts
That's funny, we both saw that blue x only minutes apart probably. Next time you're in the mod for some exploring down south give me a holler. Have you gone to the hump area? Also I've gone into the area north of 8th street west of 137th ave in miami lately for some bon fire goodness.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Finally Wheeling at last

I was determined to engage the 4wd system and I found 2 places in Coral springs. One was in a Industrial Park with man mad obstacles and the other off of Wiles road before Coral Ridge road.

My truck was happy and actually ran better getting the cob webs out of here.

The company, that brought me back to Florida may be moving up to Tampa soon. My boss is actually even starting to line up some rental homes or even to by.

Its been too long since I been in Tampa!

In Brooksville there is several places I remember too. If I can get to the Tamps Orlando I'll be good!

I am looking to that Citrus run.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts