Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
on line
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 5th Annual “Back to School Run” will be held September 18th in West Oneonta, NY. For more information click here.

A great time with welcoming folks and a unique opportunity to run your truck on some very challenging trails located on private land in beautiful upstate New York.

·
on line
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
OK, here is the deal;

The 6th Annual “Back to School Run” will be held September 18th in West Oneonta, NY.

This is The North East Xterra Club’s premier event.

As in years past the event begins when folks start to arrive at Scott’s house on Friday the 17th. We will be camping in Scott’s front yard where there’s plenty of room for everyone and their trucks.

A dinner of Hotdogs, Hamburgers and Italian Sausage and pepper hero’s (Sausage and bread from Brooklyn, NY) will be provided on Friday night.
Saturday morning a light breakfast of coffee, bagels and donuts will be provided before we leave to hit the trails.

On Saturday you will be given a unique opportunity to run your truck on some very challenging trails located on private land in beautiful upstate New York. The trails are not that rocky but slick with a lot of tree roots that are hard to grip. Rain makes it much worse. Good tires are the priority.

If you’ve never wheeled this might not be the best trails to start with. But we have many experienced drivers in the club who are willing to help you learn. If you feel unsure about tackling this type of terrain there will be folks willing to have you ride shotgun in their trucks so that you can get a feel of the “off-road” experience without putting your truck in danger.

Saturday evening is the party that includes a raffle, slide show of the days wheeling and a BBQ featuring Scott’s famous chicken.

So this event will cost $25.00. Included with the registration fee is an event t-shirt, an event sticker, dinner on Friday night, a light breakfast Saturday morning, access to private land to wheel, a BBQ on Saturday night, a pancake breakfast on Sunday morning and hanging with some of the most welcoming Xterra owners in the northeast. The event is B.Y.O.B., cooler and ice but all else will be provided. You can’t beat that deal! For more information go to http://www.nexterra.org/ and join us.

Sponsors so far include;

·
on line
1,683 Posts
Awesome! I was just telling my girlfriend about the B2S run. Count me in, I will mark it up on nexterra site as well. Overboost... I did 7.5 hours last year for this. It was a blast, and I only wheeled half a day!

·
on line
1,683 Posts
Let us not forget, t' 19th is international talk like a pirate day, ya friggin scallywags

·
on line
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Let us not forget, t' 19th is international talk like a pirate day, ya friggin scallywags
Ahh yes, thank you Jim, I forgot to mention that The NEXTerra Back To School Run has coincided with International Talk Like A Pirate Day for the past few years. So you are encouraged to sport all the Pirate gear you’ve been to embarrassed to wear in public for the past few years and, well, talk like a Pirate.

·
on line
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We’ve got 19 folks planning to attend this event in 13 trucks so far!
It will be epic, you all should come.

Last year;

·
on line
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Back To School Run event includes 1 t-shirt. Please list the size you want here in THIS THREAD.

·
on line
16,147 Posts
Umm...I prob won't be there my rig took significant damage today in the pine barrens and no longer moves under its own powerm...sorry guys.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
is it too late to get in on this? and I still havent recieved my bumpers.

AAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH
Yes, please post up http://www.nexterra.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4100]HERE[/url] and try and make it!
Umm...I prob won't be there my rig took significant damage today in the pine barrens and no longer moves under its own powerm...sorry guys.
Wow, that is very bad news. What happened bro?

·
on line
1,683 Posts
Aw crap! I was looking forward to u coming Rook!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You should still come and hang Bryan.

The Back To School Run event includes 1 t-shirt with your registration fee. The cut off date for ordering a shirt is this Sunday, August 29, 2010. Please list the size you want in THIS THREAD by that date!

If you are planning to join us but are not one of the maniacs taking their truck into harms way and would like to ride shotgun or if you are a maniac and have got an open seat please post up HERE and we will try and team you up with someone.

Food will be provided but if you’d like to dazzle us with your culinary skills it would be great. Post up HERE if you’re bringing something delicious for us to share.

There is still time to sign up for this great event HERE. If you are having trouble joining or logging in on the NEXTerra board let me know and I will help straighten it out.

Please make an effort to be apart of what has been year after year a great event and a great time!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts