Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
on line
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the new coilovers mounted on my Xterra! They are designed ONLY to be used with the Total Chaos upper control arms and offer about an inch and a half travel over stock. So far the results are fantastic! Now we're just trying to dial in the rear spring pack. They should be available within the next two weeks (manufacturing, laser cutting, getting valving rightall kinds of delays). These are the reservoired versions. We'll have an internal reservoired shock that is less expensive and easier to mount. I don't have time to upload the pics to link them here, but here's a link to a Frontier site where Greg posted some photos: http://clubfrontier.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2595

P.S. Going out of town for a few days so may not respond to questions right away.

·
on line
1,407 Posts
Looks great!

·
on line
496 Posts
Those look awesome.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Dave your poor truck is screaming for some dirt, rocks, and mud.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
PRG does have the non-resi coilover available now! $800 for the pair... a really good deal... hell, they're a good deal at $900/pr.

Give Greg a call he might set you up with a package deal... at the very least, shipping is free!

·
on line
2,573 Posts
I know, I know

I should just build it up and rent it out. Let poeple see what the X is able to do.

She just turned 13,500 miles and I got her July of 05. I know I need to get out.

This College Football tour I'm doing has me traveling on Thur. and returning on Sunday for the Noon Saturday game on ESPN or ESPN2.

I have no clue how long my season is but It's going to be some time before I get out.

Oh, Thanks for pointing out that my X has yet to get Dirty, Muddy, Dents or Off Camber.

( Love the money but no time to play)

·
on line
2,938 Posts
XterraVT said:
I know, I know

I should just build it up and rent it out. Let poeple see what the X is able to do.

She just turned 13,500 miles and I got her July of 05. I know I need to get out.

This College Football tour I'm doing has me traveling on Thur. and returning on Sunday for the Noon Saturday game on ESPN or ESPN2.

I have no clue how long my season is but It's going to be some time before I get out.

Oh, Thanks for pointing out that my X has yet to get Dirty, Muddy, Dents or Off Camber.

( Love the money but no time to play)
I still have been meaning to put some mudflaps on your X.

·
on line
2,573 Posts
I should have never let you come to my shop to help me with the bumper.
One of these days I'll come back from a job and find mud flaps on my rig.

As always a Big Thanks for the help.

10 more weeks of College Footbal before I ( might ) have a weekend off.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Quick question:

To use these coil overs do you need to have the TC UCA's?

·
on line
236 Posts
also, for people who do not want/or can afford the upper arms right away, you guys think you can coe out with some kind of limit strap system for the front end so people can run the coilovers.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
~$1300 is always a litte tough to justify spending on my X in one shot. The Mrs. would be all over me.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
i'm not a physics whiz but... i think you could run it close enough to the frame(there's a lot of metal there) that it wouldn't pull with enough force to do any harm.
... if not just run a hole through the frame

1 - 18 of 18 Posts