Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every morning I go and lift with a buddy of mine. On the way back we always notice a fishing hole. Well today we decided to go check it out....but the problem was we never made it.

1 pissed wife, 3 hours, 2 jeeps, tow truck, 2 winches later...we were free.

·
on line
1,407 Posts
Holy big pictures! Looks like some real nasty sticky mud!

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Looks like nasty mud, but you could get out with two jeeps and two winches? I have pulled poeple out of worse by just using a strap.

·
on line
3,217 Posts
It doesn't look all that bad if you just look at the hole itself but as they say looks can be deceiving.

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, sorry about hte pictures size. Forgot this site doesn't auto resize. :) (Fixed it)

1 jeep with winch
1 jeep with tow strap

Exactly Dan, that was no worse than anything else we went through this morning. But as soon as we hit it. BAM, we dropped at least a foot. It was just a HUGE hole that was filled.

Oh well, made for a great morning....and had to use half a vacation day lol.

·
on line
1,884 Posts
Mud! I'll stick to my desert driving where you can see what is lurking...

·
on line
332 Posts
wow thank god i dont live in new york, your potholes suck!!

G

·
0 Posts
nice stuck. i am convinced mud is more trouble than it's worth. thanks for refreshing my memory. a jeep cant pull you out of something like that because it's gross weight is so much less than yours. he was probably winching on you and pulling the jeep toward the X.

·
on line
496 Posts
That reminds me of the mud back home in Missouri. Nasty stuff. Worse is I had a car and you try to pull in the car wash and there would be a 3ft by 8 ft pile in the stall from the trucks. :cyclopsani:

·
on line
3,484 Posts
That kinda looks like my lawn after someone drove over it. I think there is a well that runs under it. It LOOKS solid, but it has swallowed like 5 4X4's and 2 Semi trucks! I got bogged down in it in my X last fall. Trying to back a trailer of gravel. No rock in sight! Once the bottom floats it, you are done! 4 wheel drive means nothing.

·
on line
107 Posts
Jeff,

I got stuck in the mud (actually had two wheels in the air after falling into a big rut) here in TX.

I was chastised for offroading with street tires by the Jeepers (actually a tractor) that helped get me out. Are your tires stock - and do you think that mud terrain tires would have prevented you from getting stuck?

Thanks for sharing a not so shining moment!

Doug

·
on line
107 Posts
Maybe my previous post was ignorant - sorry. :geek: I though you were running the BFG Rugged Trails (stock), but after looking again at the pix, I suspect you are already running some sort of MT.

Which brand and make of tire is it?

Thanks!

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
dnorton said:
Maybe my previous post was ignorant - sorry. :geek: I though you were running the BFG Rugged Trails (stock), but after looking again at the pix, I suspect you are already running some sort of MT.

Which brand and make of tire is it?

Thanks!
LOL Doug! I was wondering why you might think they were stock tires, so I looked at the pictures again...and you can't even tell what kind of tires they are because of the goup! That's great...

For my tires I have what Keith linked above. I love them and they work great.

By time I got done getting stuck my 4 tires were pretty much off the ground. I couldn't get a picture fast enough but I had leveled out the ground underneath the truck, I wasn't going anywhere.

Here is a picture of the tires clean.

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Actually, that's not right.

These are my tires. Linky

But those look pretty sweet Keith.

·
on line
190 Posts
Stuck or not, it looks like fun.