Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

161 - 164 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
The BRP is awesome, had a ton of fun on it on the way down to NC, only time I've melted rubber on the streets. I know we hit the Cherahala Skyway but it's been too long since I went down, can't remember any other names. Boy howdy is it ever a dream riding down there.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
It really is. It rivals Colorado for curviness and speed limits, lack of po-po, etc. But the scenery is so different. In CO, the roads I've ridden mean you're going to hit rocks, a cliff, go off a ledge, and maybe hit trees. In NC, you're going to hit trees. Or maybe a bear.

If it wasn't so damned hot and humid, that'd be on the short list of places to live.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
NC would be the first place I'd move to if I wasn't set in PA. Mountains, beaches, 4 seasons with a milder winter than here, it's really got a lot going for it. I love visiting CO but I'm not a winter guy anymore and 6-8 weeks of summer wouldn't be enough for me. Beautiful to visit though and awesome trails for dirt bikes.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
I've ridden in CO anywhere from May through Oct. That's thing with it out there - it really changes quickly. Higher elevations? Yeah - snow all winter long. But many other times you can just get a perfectly sunny day most months and hit the roads.

Plus, it's close to Moab (well, close as compared to MI). For us, it's almost perfect. Too expensive (but I wouldn't move without a job to offset the COLA) and far away from my fiance's friends and family. That's what's holding us back.

161 - 164 of 164 Posts