Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
on line
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone wanna jump in and play advisor? I was thinking the daystar 2" shackle and spacer combo would be good for its low cost and good reliability. Can anyone suggest something better or is this a good package? I've already read the stickies and other topics and to be quite honest I'd rather get an individual opinion. I wheel fairly frequently but my X is a daily driver. Anything that will get me the best clearance for the lowest cost while still staying fairly reasonable for highway and city driving would be great.

Thanks.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
top gunz spacers and AC shackles would be cheaper.

remember, spacers and shackles will retain all the stock components, so the ONLY benefit you'll be getting is lift.

Also, a suspension lift will not give you more ground clearance.....personally i think you should get some larger tires and save up for a better suspension system.

·
on line
896 Posts
it all depends on how much you want to spend. If you have a set dollar amount, then we can give suggestions. If you're looking for budget, you can either go with the AC or PRG shackles, and go with the top guns customz spacers. I'm running the AC shackles and TGC spacers and I'm very pleased with it.

·
on line
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Around the $250 and lower range if possible. If I have to go higher to get better quality, $300 and lower.

·
on line
896 Posts
shackles $65
Link

Top Gun Customz Spacers $99
Link

This also depends on if you want to install them yourself (search threads, very doable) or get someone install them for you, but you get the idea

·
on line
2,077 Posts
on that limited budget, get the top gun spacers, AC shackles, then some rear timbren bumpstops and the energy suspension bumpstops for the front from autozone.......be warned you will get UCA contact with the TGC spacers.

·
on line
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im installing all of it myself. I used to own a '99 Trans Am and learned how to work on EVERY part of the car with basic stickies and such on the LS1 forums. If I can work on a car that literally had no more than 3" of ground clearance, I think this will be a walk in the park.

Im not real worried about the UCA contact. I figure after I lift and do my tires, then I'll worry about the UCA's.

·
on line
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
contenderv07 said:
Do those shackles require bushings? I notice it says they aren't included.

·
on line
1,638 Posts
x2 , x3 or something on the TG spacers and AC shackles. IMO it's the same setup with same results as those other companies costing double, triple that.

·
on line
1,045 Posts
I have the Daystar lift and love it.

1 good thing is the greasable shackels in the rear (though you can replace the bolts on most any to be greasable).

1 bad thing is that you have to remove the front shock to install them (they have to be rotated 180 degrees, not sure about the TG's).

·
on line
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
shackles and spacers on their way.

·
on line
97 Posts
Don't forget the alignment. About $75 bucks depending where you go. All said and done you should be under budget and still have enough for Whataburger! Well if you do the labor yourself that is. I recently installed the AC shackles and the TG spacers and have noticed a light vibration coming from the floor board/gas pedal at certain RPMs. Mainly accelerating from a stop at lower RPMs. Don't think its anything major, its hardly noticable. I opted to wiat to do the AutoZone bumpstop mod for a while. I haven't noticed any UCA as of yet. I've put about 250 street miles on them.

·
on line
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
TXterra37 said:
Def invest in the lifetime alignment, I've gotten my money's worth on that about 4 times over.
Does that transfer if you move to another state?

I already purchased the AC shackles and TGC Spacers today so they should be here in the next week or so. Just enough time for me to get my paycheck and put it towards an alignment.

·
on line
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The reason I ask is because im moving to Texas here after I graduate from HS here in colorado. I think im gonna have to look into this because I would hate to have to pay for an alignment after I get my suspension lift done and then pay for another one when I get my 285/75's

·
on line
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
willgr1 said:
it can transfer b/t states, just not b/t vehicles...

where in TX you moving to?
Parents are going to Dallas, im going to College Station for school. Texas A&M future corps cadet. :bounce:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts