Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
on line
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I positively love my Nissan. However, the one things that annoys me is how rattly the inside is. I dont mean load clangning rattles. Rather, I'm talking about the endless buzzes, vibrartions, and shakes that are almost omni present. Does anyone else notice this?

·
on line
1,667 Posts
i think it adds character. those noises remind me of all the good times that took place with my X. the scratches are like scars. you remember how and where it happened.

·
on line
1,231 Posts
matrix12480 said:
i think it adds character. those noises remind me of all the good times that took place with my X. the scratches are like scars. you remember how and where it happened.
You know, I really like that analogy. Like the ding on my fender (thanks Anthony! :cheers: LOL)

Good one Dan!

·
on line
1,054 Posts
i have a current vibration that is driving me nuts, something behind the dash is making a gnarly rattle and is driving me nutty.

·
on line
1,744 Posts
Have had a few rattles that come and go with the flexing and cold weather as materials shrink and harden. But for the most part a silent ride down everything but the stutter bumps on a trail, oh and that really cool sound of the factory skid plate folding around a rock.

·
on line
1,044 Posts
TXterra37 said:
willgr1 said:
the only rattles, buzzes and shakes mine exhibits are the ill effects from wheeling.
x2, plus that damn hood squeak that provokes the hell outta me on the daily!
i know what you mean spray didnt help so what the hell is THE PROBLEM I hate it more and i always wonder how it sounds on the outside when im driving

·
on line
295 Posts
My rattles and squeeks are usually drowned out by shrieking passengers.

·
on line
131 Posts
The three Gen 1s we have had were all rattle-traps, but both of our Gen 2s, a 2005 S and a 2007 SE have been tight as a drum. I only hear a few creaks when it is really cold, though. There's a HUGE difference in quality btw the 1st Gen and the 2nd. Nissan is (slowly) getting there in the quality department.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts