Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1601 - 1620 of 1621 Posts

·
Registered
‘06 Super Black S 5AT & ‘10 Knight Armor OR 5AT
1,055 Posts
I have another one for the dumb question thread.

After starting my X, the first time I get it rolling, and only the first time, at about 10-12mph I hear a 'click' from under the hood.

Happens every time without fail. Only the first time it rolls up to speed after starting.

Anybody know what on terra that is?
ABS self check. Normal behavior.

·
Registered
2006 Xterra SE
1,002 Posts

After starting my X, the first time I get it rolling, and only the first time, at about 10-12mph I hear a 'click' from under the hood.

Happens every time without fail. Only the first time it rolls up to speed after starting.

it's the abs self test

·
Registered
2,310 Posts

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
im sure that one would work ok the few times you have to use it. I'd probably get one similar to that, or one from harbor freight.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts

The ABS does a system check, that's probably what you're hearing.

·
Registered
34 Posts
ABS system check.

Thanks the newX.org.

I figured it was normal, it's been doing it for 8 years now :p Just never knew precisely what it was.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Ok, weird, but not dumb question. Why the hell do the birds have to use MY TRUCK engine bay for a nesting ground???? I’ve picked out twigs under the master cylinder and air box for 3 days now!!! Only time they leave it alone is when I have the hood half way up. And my tire is a damned litter box.

That’s all. Enjoy your X’s people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
565 Posts
@SledheadX: We have doves and magpies that like to perch on our front deck and shit all over the front porch but that is not quite the same, is it?

I wish the Meadowlarks would come and defecate all over our property but they tend to be a little shy and hang back in the Sage Brush steppe.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Anyone here wanna answer to me WHY in any right mind would I wanna trade in my mint ‘12 Pro4X 6 man with 90k (fully paid off!!!) back to the dealership??? I just got the mailer today for the local Nissan dealership I took her into for bodywork asking for me to trade her in. Trade in to what???? New Rogue??. Frontier??? If I didn’t truck camp and had a use for a truck bed (I don’t). Already jumped down your rabbit hole people. Don’t need to start another one.

·
TNX Veteran
4,415 Posts
Anyone here wanna answer to me WHY in any right mind would I wanna trade in my mint ‘12 Pro4X 6 man with 90k (fully paid off!!!) back to the dealership??? I just got the mailer today for the local Nissan dealership I took her into for bodywork asking for me to trade her in. Trade in to what???? New Rogue??. Frontier??? If I didn’t truck camp and had a use for a truck bed (I don’t). Already jumped down your rabbit hole people. Don’t need to start another one.
Those always make me laugh. "Trade in now and you could get an ABOVE MARKET TRADE-IN value of $9,568!" That would be about a 25% return on my investment lol

·
Registered
565 Posts
@SledheadX : I got one of those notices from the dealership over a year ago.

Think of it as a good sign. Nissan dealerships across North America are likely lobbying Nissan for a new, updated model of Xterra. Our local dealership claims that used Xterras go within a half day.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Well, I do plan on Titan swapping, but that’s NOT how I’m going to do it. Unless they figure out how to get the Xterra body to fit the Titan chassis. Wouldn’t that be a beautiful bolt-on All-in-one badass!!! I’ll just have to do it the hard way.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Went to the local dealership for a part, and a salesperson wanted to know if I'd be interested in trading in mine for something newer. I said "Sure." They got all excited, and asked what I'd be interested in, and you should have seen their face when I said "A 2022 Xterra or Bronco, all paid off, and modded the way my Xterra is." They said my Xterra wasn't worth that much and I countered... "You're the one that wants it, so it must be." 😁

·
Registered
442 Posts
Went to the local dealership for a part, and a salesperson wanted to know if I'd be interested in trading in mine for something newer. I said "Sure." They got all excited, and asked what I'd be interested in, and you should have seen their face when I said "A 2022 Xterra or Bronco, all paid off, and modded the way my Xterra is." They said my Xterra wasn't worth that much and I countered... "You're the one that wants it, so it must be."
I’m sorry, no points for you... you didn’t put that in the form of a question. What are we coming to these days?
But still awesome!

·
Registered
442 Posts
It's just a sales tactic no? They are just trying to sell you a newer vehicle.
I know. I’ve received them before for our pathfinder and Tahoe. It’s just funny this time because there was a hand written message on it from a sales rep that I know at our local Nissan dealership. He knows the truck and I’m sure would love to get his hands on it on top of a new sale.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Anyone’s got the dimensions for the plastic retainer clips that hold the front grille attached? eBay/Amazon seem to have a few different sizes.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Anyone’s got the dimensions for the plastic retainer clips that hold the front grille attached? eBay/Amazon seem to have a few different sizes.

I don't have dimensions but these ones worked great for me - not sure if you can get them from Amazon canada. They are one and done however - meaning I replace them whenever I pull the grill. Sometimes they can be used twice if your careful - but definately not as good as OEM: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GWLCR51/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They say there for 8mm hole - if that helps at all?

1601 - 1620 of 1621 Posts