Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1561 - 1580 of 1621 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Replacing that plastic coolant tee that breaks and leaves you stranded, do I have to drain the coolant?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Replacing that plastic coolant tee that breaks and leaves you stranded, do I have to drain the coolant?

If it broke it already drained :(

Replace your T and refill your coolant - you should be good. Make sure you fill the degas bottle up to the full mark as well, and double check it again after your first cycle - or you will forever be fighting air bubbles.

·
Registered
2011 PRO-4X
1,029 Posts

Just to be clear you don’t have to replace the plastic tee on the passenger side, just remove it completely and put the hose directly on the heater core. The one with the aluminum hose does need to be replaced and Dorman makes an all metal one.

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X
172 Posts
Looking for suggestions. Removed all mudflaps no problem except this one that previous owner added these washer/spacers that seem to now be fused to the screws. Even if they’re not fused I can’t get the screws to budge even a little be and risk stripping them. I hammered a flathead under the washer just to see if I could “release” them and create any sort of movement to no avail. Any suggestions for removing these? Thought about going at them with my angle grinder but I think the space is too tight. Maybe a dremel? Any other bright ideas??

·
Registered
442 Posts
How about an oscillating multi-tool to cut off the head (washer saves the plastic) and then pry the washers off. Now there’s room to grab the shank with vise grips or channel-locks. Even get in there with PB blaster to break up the rust.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
New OEM valve covers 13264-EA200 and 13264-EA210 - do they include the gaskets from Nissan - or is that something only certain suppliers bundle together?

·
Registered - From Westminster, CA, USA
254 Posts
So I finally got an ARB rear differential cover and got a lubelocker gasket since I’ve been working round the clock and needed a relatively quick install.

Question is, when I line up the gasket, parts of it run inside of the cover a few MIllimeters. Seems like it’d come in contact with gear oil continuously. Not sure if that’s a good thing or normal for the lubelocker gasket. Or if it’s because of the arb cover

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Thanks y'all. I must not have tried very hard the first time. Went out and jammed the flathead underneath enough to bend it up and was able to grab and rotate them and get them off. Done and done. Much thanks.
You’ve already finished up but a 90 degree drill head is awesome for those.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I need two sets of cotter pins:
  • outer tie rods (part #00921-4302A)
  • CVs (part #40073-0L700)

I found these googling...do I have to get them from Nissan or can I just use a noname replacement? If I can, how can figure out the dimensions of these?

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I need two sets of cotter pins:
  • outer tie rods (part #00921-4302A)
  • CVs (part #40073-0L700)

I found these googling...do I have to get them from Nissan or can I just use a noname replacement? If I can, how can figure out the dimensions of these?
I think I've alway just found some that fit from a multi-size pack, I can't recall a single time where I ordered those from Nissan.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Dumb question thread eh?

Has anybody figured out why the VSD/SLIP malfunction lamps randomly pop on?

Sometimes I can fix it by cycling the ignition while coasting, otherwise I just wait a few days and it fixes itself.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I think I've alway just found some that fit from a multi-size pack, I can't recall a single time where I ordered those from Nissan.
But have you embroidered them with a custom Nissan logo? This is the dumb question thread. Oh, and I’ll be in Sylvester Ga this weekend visiting some friends. Unfortunately, not driving the X but an airport rental lawn mower equivalent.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
But have you embroidered them with a custom Nissan logo? This is the dumb question thread. Oh, and I’ll be in Sylvester Ga this weekend visiting some friends. Unfortunately, not driving the X but an airport rental lawn mower equivalent.

Haha sadly they aren’t around long enough usually to spend that much time on it. Where is Sylvester at? I’m headed out of town this weekend for my girlfriends birthday so I’ll be in Tennessee.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Haha sadly they aren’t around long enough usually to spend that much time on it. Where is Sylvester at? I’m headed out of town this weekend for my girlfriends birthday so I’ll be in Tennessee.

Actually 3 hours south of you, 1 hour north of Tallahassee

1561 - 1580 of 1621 Posts