Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1381 - 1387 of 1387 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Feeling dumb here... figured this is the place to ask.
So I bedlined my front bumper with duplicolor truck bed coating and it didn't turn out like I wanted.
I've spraypainted a lot, but first time with bedliner.
Heated the cans in a bucket of hot water, and went about painting. Kept the can moving, The finish was turning out too blotchy for the first few coats at what I consider a normal distance, so I held the can back some more and it turned out much more uniform but too powdery. I get black powder when I rub it with my hand and it feels like rigid foam insulation, and shows every dusty hand print. So I guess that was TOO far away.
So what's the ideal distance? Maybe I just needed more coats at my original distance and let it dry more? Gah.. not looking forward to sanding this off....

·
Registered
745 Posts
Is there a howto for adding trailer harness/trailer plug? I swear I thought it was plug and play but can't find it now with this new interface. Any tips? @Longboardr I know you tow

I'm going to be towing a super light trailer, with no brakes so don't need a controller or anything fancy.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,383
Is there a howto for adding trailer harness/trailer plug? I swear I thought it was plug and play but can't find it now with this new interface. Any tips? @Longboardr I know you tow

I'm going to be towing a super light trailer, with no brakes so don't need a controller or anything fancy.

I can't navigate around on this format either. To search Google will still work, put something like this into the search

trailer harness install site:thenewx.org

It's pretty straight forward. Three relays go behind the passanger kick panel and the 4 prong pigtail harness will plug in around the rear axle on the driver's side.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I can't navigate around on this format either. To search Google will still work, put something like this into the search

trailer harness install site:thenewx.org

It's pretty straight forward. Three relays go behind the passanger kick panel and the 4 prong pigtail harness will plug in around the rear axle on the driver's side.
Thanks I'll check it out. It's somewhat more difficult than I thought. I was under the impression that I just need a harness and that's it. gonna do some more googling but the pickup is on tuesday, don't think i can get relays and so forth in on time.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
So I swapped the wheels from my Fronty on to the X. My fronty TPMS sensors worked on the Fronty. The X hasn't had working TPMS sensors for year. Anyway - I decided to try to reset them so I used the paperclip learn mode and a generic TPMS learn tool Orange Electronic OEC-T5 - like I found on a Youtube video. I know I could set the tire pressures and do the learn that way - but this seemed like it was worth it to not have to drive around, etc.

Anyway, when I turn the key the TPMS light no longer flashes - but goes on and stays on right away. But it won't go out. I have aired up the tires all the way to 37PSI, and driven quite a bit.

So my question - if the TPMS light does not flash at all when you start - they must have been learned correctly - and I have a different problem - correct?

Or is it possible it didn't learn correctly at all?

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
man idk, that Darn TPMS light is the ONLY one i just ignore, mine flashes for a minute on start up then goes soild and stays that way. tire shops seem to be able to get them to work for like 5 minutes, at 40+ psi...

but it never lasts and I hate the tires inflated that much.

Someone else on this site did what I consider to be the "best" solution, they basically made a small pressure chamber out of pvs and threw all 4 or 5 sensors in there, pressurized it up and voila.. problem solved even if you air down/ up.

1381 - 1387 of 1387 Posts
About this Discussion
1.4K Replies
150 Participants
MeHere!
Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums
We’re the best Nissan Xterra forums to talk about your Nissan Xterra Mods and off-road adventures. The New X is the ultimate club Xterra.
Full Forum Listing