Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1381 - 1387 of 1387 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Feeling dumb here... figured this is the place to ask.
So I bedlined my front bumper with duplicolor truck bed coating and it didn't turn out like I wanted.
I've spraypainted a lot, but first time with bedliner.
Heated the cans in a bucket of hot water, and went about painting. Kept the can moving, The finish was turning out too blotchy for the first few coats at what I consider a normal distance, so I held the can back some more and it turned out much more uniform but too powdery. I get black powder when I rub it with my hand and it feels like rigid foam insulation, and shows every dusty hand print. So I guess that was TOO far away.
So what's the ideal distance? Maybe I just needed more coats at my original distance and let it dry more? Gah.. not looking forward to sanding this off....

·
Registered
747 Posts
Is there a howto for adding trailer harness/trailer plug? I swear I thought it was plug and play but can't find it now with this new interface. Any tips? @Longboardr I know you tow

I'm going to be towing a super light trailer, with no brakes so don't need a controller or anything fancy.

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,383
Is there a howto for adding trailer harness/trailer plug? I swear I thought it was plug and play but can't find it now with this new interface. Any tips? @Longboardr I know you tow

I'm going to be towing a super light trailer, with no brakes so don't need a controller or anything fancy.

I can't navigate around on this format either. To search Google will still work, put something like this into the search

trailer harness install site:thenewx.org

It's pretty straight forward. Three relays go behind the passanger kick panel and the 4 prong pigtail harness will plug in around the rear axle on the driver's side.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I can't navigate around on this format either. To search Google will still work, put something like this into the search

trailer harness install site:thenewx.org

It's pretty straight forward. Three relays go behind the passanger kick panel and the 4 prong pigtail harness will plug in around the rear axle on the driver's side.
Thanks I'll check it out. It's somewhat more difficult than I thought. I was under the impression that I just need a harness and that's it. gonna do some more googling but the pickup is on tuesday, don't think i can get relays and so forth in on time.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
So I swapped the wheels from my Fronty on to the X. My fronty TPMS sensors worked on the Fronty. The X hasn't had working TPMS sensors for year. Anyway - I decided to try to reset them so I used the paperclip learn mode and a generic TPMS learn tool Orange Electronic OEC-T5 - like I found on a Youtube video. I know I could set the tire pressures and do the learn that way - but this seemed like it was worth it to not have to drive around, etc.

Anyway, when I turn the key the TPMS light no longer flashes - but goes on and stays on right away. But it won't go out. I have aired up the tires all the way to 37PSI, and driven quite a bit.

So my question - if the TPMS light does not flash at all when you start - they must have been learned correctly - and I have a different problem - correct?

Or is it possible it didn't learn correctly at all?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
man idk, that Darn TPMS light is the ONLY one i just ignore, mine flashes for a minute on start up then goes soild and stays that way. tire shops seem to be able to get them to work for like 5 minutes, at 40+ psi...

but it never lasts and I hate the tires inflated that much.

Someone else on this site did what I consider to be the "best" solution, they basically made a small pressure chamber out of pvs and threw all 4 or 5 sensors in there, pressurized it up and voila.. problem solved even if you air down/ up.

1381 - 1387 of 1387 Posts